Humanities and Social Sciences
Bachelor of Science Degree
UCM's Public Relations program prepares you for the professional world of image development, strategic planning, issues management, promotional communication, media relations and development. It equips you with the skills needed to succeed in today's competitive public relations world.
Why Choose Public Relations at UCM?
- Public relations is one of the top 10 fastest growing industries nationwide.
- Money Magazine's "50 Best Jobs in America" article states that public relations professionals earn an average annual salary of nearly $85,000, with an earning potential of nearly $250,000 a year.
- There are numerous scholarships available to students in this program.
What will I study?
Public relations is one of the most sought after and highest paid fields of strategic communication. As a graduate, you will possess a comprehensive set of communication skills that will help you foster success.
- Design and Layout for Publications
- Electronic and Social Media for Public Relations
- PR Management and Industry Practices
What can I do with a degree in Public Relations?
- Head of Communications
- Media Director
- Promotion Coordinator
- Public Relations Consultant
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Public Relations, there are several involvement opportunities:
- American Marketing Association
- Delta Epsilon Chi
- Phi Beta Lambda
- Public Relations Society of America
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
This program has full-time faculty members with scholarly and work experience in Public Relations, including agency experience.
Learn more about Public Relations at UCM:
Department of Communication