Bachelor of Science Degree
Applying the skills learned in this program reduces potential safety, security and health losses. Safety sciences professionals are in demand, and UCM's safety management program prepares you for a rewarding career in this field.
Why Choose Safety Management at UCM?
- The safety program has more than 10 scholarships available to students.
- You can develop working relationships through involvement opportunities with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Transportation, and more.
- Career placement rates for safety graduates are very high and graduating students may receive multiple job offers prior to graduation.
What will I study?
UCM's Bachelor of Science in Safety Management degree will provide you with extensive knowledge in the areas of industrial or occupational loss prevention, which include fire science, security, emergency management and health.
- Accident Investigation
- Industrial Fire Protection
- Safety and Health Laboratory
- Safety and Health Management
What can I do with a degree in Safety Management?
- Corporate Manager, Safety and Health
- Director of Safety
- Fire Inspector
- Industrial Safety Trainer
- Risk Manager
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Safety Management, there are several involvement opportunities:
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Collegiate Firefighters Association
- Rho Sigma Kappa Honor Society
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention. Faculty members are active in professional organizations and have presented at national and international professional conferences.
Learn more about Safety Management at UCM.