Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
As a Theatre student at UCM, you're offered acting and technical experiences in contemporary comedies, dramas, the classics and musicals. You'll gain the experience and knowledge needed to succeed in your desired career.
Why Choose Theatre at UCM?
- You'll have performance opportunities available in 25-35 productions each school year.
- At UCM, you'll have the opportunity to work in a professional summer repertory company that performs on campus and tours with a children's show throughout Missouri.
- You'll work in one of the most beautiful and modern James L. Highlander Theatre.
What will I study?
In the Theatre program, you will study subjects such as oral interpretation, script analysis, acting, stage voice, stage movement, stagecraft, design and directing.
- Studio Theatre
- Scene Design
- Costume Design
Related areas of concentration:
- Technical and Design Option: B.F.A. Degree
- Performance Option: B.F.A. Degree
What can I do with a degree in Theatre?
- Costume Designer
- Special Effects Technician
- Executive Director
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Theatre, there are several involvement opportunities:
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival Players
- Screen Actors Guild
- Theta Alpha Phi
The Theatre Special Housing Interest Program area in Nickerson Hall is designed for students minoring in or majoring in theatre. This SHIP provides close proximity to the department's Black Box Theatre, a lounge to rehearse lines, blocking, a fully equipped dance studio and access to dining facilities.
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
You will work side by side with a faculty of extraordinary educators and professional theatre and dance artists. The faculty at UCM are dedicated to providing you with the opportunity to find your unique voice as an artist and share your visions, curiosities, bravery and talents with a collaborative team.
Learn more about Theatre at UCM.