Career and Technology Teacher Education
Area 1: Business Teacher Education (9-12 Certification), Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The Career and Technology Teacher Education programs at UCM provide a balanced curriculum of classroom instruction and engaged learning experiences.
Why choose Career and Technology Teacher Education at UCM?
- The student teaching program offers you valuable classroom teaching experience.
- Our program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and meets certification requirements set by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Courses are offered on campus, online, or as partially online hybrids.
What will I study?
As a business educator, you will help prepare youth of tomorrow to be business owners, teachers, civic leaders, accountants, doctors, lawyers and other exciting careers that students have chosen as a result of having a teacher influence their lives.
- Financial Management Education
- Educational Psychology
- Business Communications
- Publishing Applications for Business
- Behavioral Management
What can I do with a degree in Career and Technology Education?
- Public or Private School teacher
- Trade, Industrial or Health Science instructor
- College-level instructor
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Career and Technology Teacher Education there are several opportunities to be involved in:
- Phi Beta Lambda
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
All faculty members in the Department of Career and Technology Education are dedicated professionals that bring enthusiasm to the classroom and believe that career and technology teachers have a positive impact on students' lives beyond the classroom.
Learn more about Career and Technology Teacher Education at UCM
Department of Career and Technology Teacher Education