Career and Technology Teacher Education
Area 3: Engineering and Technology Teacher Education (9-12), Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The Career and Technology Teacher Education program at UCM provides a balanced curriculum of classroom instruction and engaged learning experiences.
Why choose Career and Technology Teacher Education at UCM?
- The student teaching program offers you valuable classroom teaching experience.
- Our program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and meets certification requirements set by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Courses are offered on campus, online, or as partially online hybrids.
What will I study?
You will learn how to implement a contemporary technology education program, while developing an understanding of the nature and history of technology and the influence of technology on society and the environment.
- Applied Manufacturing Processes
- Technology and Society
- Computer Graphics
- Creative Problem Solving
- Secondary Teaching and Behavioral Management
What can I do with a degree in Career and Technology Education?
- Public or Private School Teacher
- Trade, Industrial or Health Science Instructor
- College-Level Instructor
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
- Professional organizations open to Engineering and Technology Education students include the Technology and Engineering Education Collegiate Association and other education related student organizations.
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
Faculty members in the Department of Career and Technology Education have extensive knowledge and experience in their field of specialization. They are dedicated professionals that bring enthusiasm to the classroom and believe that career and technology teachers have a positive impact on students' lives beyond the classroom.
Learn more about Career and Technology Teacher Education at UCM
Department of Career and Technology Teacher Education