Aviation Maintenance Management
Applied Sciences and Technology
2+2 Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The Aviation Maintenance Management option is a 2+2 program for students that have earned an associate degree in a related field and have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant rating. This program will allow them to complete their bachelor's degree requirements at the University of Central Missouri in Aviation Maintenance Management.
Why choose Aviation Maintenance Management 2+2 at UCM?
- All undergraduate aviation programs at UCM are accredited through Aviation Accreditation Board International.
- UCM owns an airport with 18 flight-ready aircraft, including a fleet of Cessna 172 Skyhawks, multi-engine aircraft and gliders are for flight training.
- The university has a hot-air balloon, which may be used to earn a rating.
- The department's flight simulation equipment includes several advanced aviation flight training devices, including a 737 NG AAFD.
What will I study?
The Aviation Maintenance Management program prepares you for supervisory roles in airline, corporate and general aviation maintenance departments. The program will help you to develop and use accounting and budgetary data to assist management in decision-making and control activities. Students will understand the design, function, and operation of aircraft systems.
What can I do with a degree in Aviation Maintenance Management?
- Aircraft Reliability Auditor
- Airport Manager
- Flight Dispatcher
- Loss Control
- Scheduling Coordinator
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Aviation, there are several opportunities to be involved:
- Alpha Eta Rho
- Aviation Student Government
- National Intercollegiate Flight Team
- Women in Aviation International
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
The aviation faculty and staff members at UCM represent a wide range of academic and professional training. All faculty hold terminal degrees in their areas of specialization and practices in the field.
Learn more about Aviation at UCM:
Department of Aviation