Agriculture - Business
Area 1: Agribusiness Management, Bachelor of Science Degree
The program provides you with a background in all phases of agriculture and specialized courses, which allows you to expand your knowledge in an area of interest.
Why Choose Agriculture-Business at UCM?
Area 1: Agribusiness Management
- UCM has a university farm that consists of 260 acres. The farm is used as a teaching laboratory for students.
- The farm maintains a registered herd of Simmental cattle to broaden the scope of animal science involvement.
- The farm participates in a leasing program with John Deere to provide students with the opportunity to experience the current technology available in the area of agricultural equipment.
- UCM has a shooting range that offers students and the community opportunities in wildlife conservation and sporting clays.
What will I study?
You will learn by doing through such opportunities as assisting in agronomic field test plot research, helping with variety testing trials, raising plants for a Horticulture Club sale, working with HeatWatch cattle estrus and ultra-sound pregnancy monitoring systems, welding or repairing tractors, and plotting cattle futures.
- Animal Breeding or Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Husbandry
- Global Agriculture
- Soil Fertility and Fertilizers
Related areas of concentration:
- Animal Sciences
- Crop and Soil Science
- Horticultural Science
What can I do with a degree in Agriculture-Business?
- Ag Business Technician
- Commodity Trader
- Farm Manager
- Quality Control Technician
- Risk Management Consultant
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Agriculture-Business, there are several opportunities to be involved:
- Agriculture Ambassadors
- Agriculture Club
- Collegiate Farm Bureau
- Delta Tau Alpha
- Horticulture Club
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
Dedicated faculty and well-equipped facilities offer students a quality learning experience. All department faculty members have earned doctorates in their field of specialization.
Learn more about Agriculture-Business at UCM:
Department of Agriculture