Applied Sciences and Technology
Option 2: Mechanical Engineering Technology Product Design, Bachelor of Science Degree
The School of Technology is to prepare students as management oriented technical-professionals, and entrepreneurs, for positions in business, industry, and government.
Why choose Engineering Technology at UCM?
Option 2: Mechanical Engineering Technology- Product Design
- The program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering, which is recognized as the premier professional association responsible for the promotion of industrial technology in business, industry, education and government.
- Students of the program are exposed to eight state-of-the-art laboratories for teaching, research and hands-on learning experiences.
- A computer-integrated manufacturing cell has been recently acquired to aid in student understanding and competence in advanced manufacturing technology.
What will I study?
You'll learn to use the principles and theories of science, engineering and mathematics to solve technical problems in design, sales, construction, electronics, and manufacturing. Classes will focus on cutting-edge technologies related to business and industry while using the latest developments in curriculum, software and equipment to provide the best learning experiences possible.
- Engineering Economy
- Global Production Technology
- Inspection and Quality Control
- Robotics and Automation
Related areas of concentration:
- Civil Engineering Technology - Design
- Civil Engineering Technology - Infrastructure Project Administration
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Industrial Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Product Design
What can I do with a degree in Engineering Technology?
- Design Researcher
- Industrial Engineer
- Operations Research Analyst
- Planning and Control Manager
- Product Designer
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Engineering Technology, there are several opportunities to be involved:
- American Design Drafting Association
- American Institute of Building Design
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Student Organization of Construction Managers
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
The School of Technology's faculty represents a range of academic and professional training. All faculty members hold degrees to their areas of specialization. Students will benefit from experienced faculty who are actively engaged in their profession.
Learn more about Engineering Technology at UCM:
School of Technology