Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree
UCM's Finance program offers you extensive training in Finance, backed by the Harmon College of Business and Professional Studies's prestigious accreditation, which prepares you for a successful career in finance and business.
Why Choose Finance at UCM?
- The Harmon College has earned the prestigious accreditation, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- There are 12 computer terminals with the Bloomberg Professional service installed, which allows classes to conduct financial and economic research. UCM is one of only two public universities in Missouri that has 12 Bloomberg terminals.
- Students have the opportunity to enroll in an Investment Fund course, which offers real-world experience by allowing students to manage a $500,000 scholarship fund.
What will I study?
The finance field consists of three basic areas - investments, business finance, and banking and related institutions. Students receiving a BSBA in Finance are given a broad-based knowledge of finance, which they may supplement by focusing on a particular area through choice of electives in finance.
- Business Communication
- Management of Organizations
- Money and Banking
- Security Analysis
What can I do with a degree in Finance?
- Bank Officer
- Federal Reserve Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Investment Banker
- Loan Officer
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Finance, there are several opportunities to be involved:
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Student Finance Association
- Financial Management Association International
- Financial Management Association National Honor Society
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
These faculty members are actively engaged in academic research, serve as professional consultants, and are involved in numerous professional organizations.
Learn more about Finance at UCM:
Department of Economics, Finance and Marketing