Bachelor of Science Degree
The Mathematics program at UCM is designed to help you develop a strong mathematical foundation. The skills you acquire will become instrumental as you establish a career.
Why Choose Mathematics at UCM?
- Employment of mathematicians is expected to increase by 22 percent by 2018.
- Mathematically related jobs consistently rank in the top 10 best jobs for salary, low stress and good work conditions.
- There are several scholarship opportunities available for students in this program.
What will I study?
Mathematics is the science of numbers and patterns. The knowledge you'll gain from this program will allow you to solve problems and determine the truth.
- Advanced Calculus
- Algebraic Structures
- Introduction to Modern Algebra
- The Science, Historical and Sociological Impact of Math
Related area of concentration:
- Math Education
What can I do with a degree in Mathematics?
- Economics Analyst
- Purchasing Agent
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Mathematics, there are several involvement opportunities:
- Kappa Mu Epsilon
- Mathematical Association of America
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
Many faculty members have worked as mathematicians in government and industry positions. In addition to their teaching duties, they are also active researchers in their field, regularly presenting their original work at conferences and publishing in internationally recognized professional journals.