Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Registrar & Student Records

Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4900
Fax: 660.543.8400


Release of Academic Information

UCM faculty and staff, under the rules of FERPA, will not release academic information about students to anyone except for the student unless written permission is granted from the student.

This includes but is not limited to:

  • Grades (mid-term or final grades, grades on assignments/tests)
  • Grade point averages (cumulative, UCM, major, minor)
  • Academic Transcripts
  • Degree Audit Reports
  • Course schedules (including classes enrolled in, number of credit hours enrolled in)
  • Course assignments and tests

The above items are never released to agencies or persons outside the University without the written consent of the student. In addition, grades and GPA information are not given out over the telephone to anyone.

Besides students, who may have access to student academic information?

  • Any outside party who has the student’s written permission.
  • School officials (as defined by the University) who have “legitimate educational interests.”
  • A person in response to a lawfully issued subpoena or court order, as long as the University makes a reasonable attempt to notify the student first.

When is the student’s consent NOT required to disclose academic information?

When the disclosure is (one or more of the following):

  • To school officials (defined in policy) who have a legitimate educational interest.
  • To federal, state and local authorities involving an audit or evaluation of compliance with educational programs.
  • In connection with financial aid; this includes Veterans’ benefits.
  • To organizations conducting studies for or on behalf of educational institutions.
  • To accrediting organizations.
  • To comply with a judicial order or subpoena.
  • In a health or safety emergency.
  • Releasing directory information (unless the student has a block on this information).
  • Releasing the results of a disciplinary hearing to an alleged victim of a crime of violence.

How does a student authorize release of his/her education record in the form of an academic


Instructions for ordering official transcripts are available here. If you are placing your order by mail, fax, or e-mail please use our PDF request form. Online orders in MyCentral can be accepted for students who attended UCM 1982 or later.

Transcripts are $5 per mailed or e-mailed (PDF) copy and $10 per faxed copy (we do not fax outside of the U.S.). Please note that many institutions do not consider faxed or PDF transcripts official - please check first with the receiving institution before placing a transcript order. Requests for PDF transcripts may be made by fax, mail, e-mail, or in person. Unfortunately, our online ordering system does not accommodate requests for PDF transcripts.


Students who wish to give consent for the release of their academic information may fill out an Authorization for Release of Information and turn it into the Office of Student Experience and Engagement in the Administration Building, Room 214 (660-543-4114).

To learn more about FERPA, please visit these websites: