Undergraduate Degree Candidate Checklist
All undergraduate students must complete an application for degree with the Office of the Registrar one semester before they intend to complete their remaining requirements. Degree candidates must apply no later than thirty days prior to the commencement ceremony. Degree candidates can apply online. The completed degree evaluation, including all remaining degree requirements, will be sent by UCM email approximately 1-2 weeks after receipt of the application. If, after 1-2 weeks, you do not receive the email indicating the graduation list to which you have been added and your remaining degree requirements, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Please review all remaining graduation requirements as noted and then make any necessary adjustment in your scheduled coursework. All requirements must be met before a degree will be conferred. This includes departmental substitutions, “U” removals, listings of departmentally approved major electives, and all other deficiencies.
- Candidates planning to participate in the commencement ceremony may pick up a cap and gown at the University Store approximately one month before graduation. Picture ID is required. Name cards can be picked up at the Registrar's Office during Finals week. Picture ID is required.
- Teacher certification candidates must contact the Teacher Certification Office (LOV 2170) concerning a teaching certificate.
- Candidates must fulfill all financial obligations to the University before their final transcript and diploma can be issued.
- A candidate who has borrowed Federal Perkins Loan aid while enrolled at Central Missouri is required to schedule an exit interview with the Office of Student Financial Services (Ward Edwards 1100/660-543-8266). This should be done during his/her final semester. A candidate who has borrowed Federal Stafford aid must also attend an exit interview. However, he/she will be notified by the Office of Student Financial Services regarding when and where these sessions will be conducted.
- Candidates should contact the office of Career Services, University Union 302, for assistance with their job search.