Minimum Requirements for a UCM degree
These are the minimum graduation requirements for the curriculum in the 2014 Undergraduate Catalog. If you are following a different catalog, see that catalog or your degree audit for your specific graduation requirements. Please note that some majors may have more stringent requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours (some programs require additional hours).
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours (excluding special credit) at Central Missouri.
- Complete a minimum of 30 upper-level hours (3000/4000) (excluding special credit) (2007 catalog requires 40 hours), 20 upper-level hours must be earned at UCM.
- Complete ALL major, minor (if applicable) and General Education requirements.
- Arrange for any substitutions for specific requirements in your program with appropriate department's chair (you can check for the substitutions on your Central Degree audit).
- A minimum of 15 hours of your major must be completed at UCM. (Some majors or catalogs may require more.)
- Complete 12 upper-level hours in each major, 9 of which must be completed at UCM.
- If pursuing a minor, a minimum of 9 hours must be completed at UCM (some catalogs require more).
- Complete senior hours at UCM in your minor.
- Know and meet all GPAs required in your program. Use your transcript and Central Degree audit. Ask questions accordingly if in doubt.
- Successfully pass the General Education Assessment (GEA) or MoGEA for Teachers exam.
- Complete all incomplete courses (U grades).
- Arrange for all transfer work to be posted at Central Missouri. An official transcript must be received at UCM directly from each school attended.
- Have all admission to programs documented in the Registrar’s Office (i.e., BSBA programs, Teacher Education, Communication majors, etc.).
- Review your catalog, departmental guide, and Central Degree audit on a regular basis. Avoid waiting until the last minute to find out you are not in compliance. Any exception to meeting a requirement will delay graduation.
Graduation / Commencement