- Academic Records
- Academic Standing
- Alumni and Former Student Resources
- Dates & Deadlines
- Faculty / Staff Resources
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Standards & Regulations
- Academic Load
- Attendance Policy
- Auditing a Class
- General Education Assessment Requirement
- Planned Placement Policy
- Repeating a Class
- Residence Hours
- Residency Requirements
- Taking a Class Pass/Fail
- Undergraduate Certificate Program
- Unfinished Work
- Upper Level Hours
- Withdrawal From The University
Residence hours are credit hours earned from UCM. This includes any courses taken at any campus location (Warrensburg, Lee's Summit, etc.) and online courses through UCM, but excludes any credit earned as special credit (testing credit, etc.). All students are required to meet the following residence hours to qualify for a UCM degree*:
A candidate for any bachelor’s degree must have earned:
- a minimum of 30 semester hours earned at UCM
- a minimum of 20 upper level hours (3000/4000) must be earned at UCM
- 15 hours of the major and 9 hours of the minor coursework must be completed through UCM
- a minimum of 9 semester hours of upper level (3000/4000) coursework in the major through UCM
- at least 1 hour of upper level (3000/4000) coursework in the minor at UCM
- the last 12 semester hours required for the degree must be earned at UCM**
*These criteria are based on the 2009 and later Undergraduate Catalog curricula. Requirements may vary for earlier catalog years (2005-2008).
**As stated above, the UCM residence policy requires that a student must take their final 12 hours through UCM. Exceptions to this policy may only be approved by the Registrar’s Office.
Students may petition to take a course off campus during their final semester by using this form. Be sure to write your justification on the back of the form. You may fax the completed form to 660-543-8400, email it to email@example.com, or drop it off in Ward Edwards Room 1000.
If the course is a required major/minor course, the Registrar’s Office will contact the major/minor department chair for their support of the petition. Students who will be enrolled in 12 or more hours at UCM during their final semester, and are doing additional hours off campus, must still petition the Registrar’s Office for approval so that graduation requirements can be accounted for.
Students will need to inquire with the other institution’s Registrar's Office to find out when final grade(s) will be available on their official transcript. As soon as it is available, students should request that they send an official transcript to the UCM Admissions Office at Ward Edwards 1400, Warrensburg, MO 64093.
The UCM Registrar’s Office must have the transfer institution’s official transcript processed at UCM by:
- January 15th (or closest working day) in order to qualify for Fall semester graduation. If it arrives after January 15th, the student will be a Spring semester (May) graduate.
- the last working day of August to qualify for Summer semester graduation. If it arrives after August 31st , the student will be a Fall semester (December) graduate.
- the last working day of May to qualify for Spring semester graduation. If it arrives after May 31st , the student will be a Summer semester (July/August) graduate.