- Academic Records
- Academic Standing
- Alumni and Former Student Resources
- Dates & Deadlines
- Faculty / Staff Resources
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Standards & Regulations
What is Reinstatement?
The reinstatement of students who have been suspended or dismissed from Central Missouri is not automatic or guaranteed. Petitions will be reviewed by the academic college of your major. If you are changing majors since your last enrollment, your new major will make the reinstatement decision. If you are undecided about a major or are interested in the General Studies program your petition will be reviewed by the office of Gateway Advising and Major Exploration Center. The Registrar's Office does not review reinstatement petitions. Contact your academic advisor with any questions regarding pending petitions.
Such students may petition for reinstatement as follows:
- Students who have been suspended may petition for reinstatement after one semester, excluding Summer semester. Students who have been dismissed may petition for reinstatement after one calendar year.
- A student with extenuating circumstances (serious illness, death in the family, etc.) who has been suspended or dismissed may petition for immediate (or early) reinstatement. Early reinstatement is not granted often. Students petitioning for an early reinstatement will be expected to include the following in their petition: (1) a detailed explanation of the extenuating circumstances for earlier poor performance, (2) an explanation of activities and plans which may lead to improved scholastic performance at UCM, and (3) substantiating evidence documenting the extenuating circumstances (letter from physician, police report, etc.).
How do I petition for reinstatement?
Students can petition for reinstatement using the Petition for Reinstatement. Students are strongly encouraged to petition by the following dates to allow time for a decision to be made in time for enrollment for the following semester.
|If you wish to return in this semester:||It is recommended to petition by:||Petitions will be accepted through:|
|Fall Semester||March 1st||July 15th|
|Spring Semester||October 1st||November 15th|
|Summer Semester||March 1st||April 15th|
How do I get back into good academic standing?
Students are considered in good standing when both their Central Missouri GPA and cumulative GPA are at least a 2.00.
How does reinstatement affect my financial aid?
If and when you are reinstated, the UCM Office of Student Financial Services will be notified, and your aid will be reviewed and reinstated if you meet eligibility criteria. Questions regarding financial assistance may be directed to the Office of Student Financial Services at 660-543-8266.