Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Registrar & Student Records

Ward Edwards 1000
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4900
Fax: 660.543.8400


Academic Suspension

What is Academic Suspension?

A student on academic probation will be suspended from Central Missouri at the conclusion of his/her next semester/enrollment period if his/her semester/enrollment period GPA is less than 2.00.  A student who was admitted on probation (freshman or transfer) will be suspended from Central Missouri at the conclusion of his/her first semester/ enrollment period if his/her semester/ enrollment period GPA is less than 2.00.

How long do I have to sit out if I am suspended?

Academic suspension is for a period of one full semester not including summer, after which, a student may petition for reinstatement.  Reinstatement is not guaranteed and is granted through a petitioning process.  Your petition will be reviewed by the academic college of your major.  If you are changing majors since your last enrollment, your new major will make the reinstatement decision.  If you are undecided about a major your petition will be reviewed by the office of Gateway Advising and Major Exploration Center. The Registrar's Office does not review reinstatement petitions. Contact your academic advisor with any questions regarding a pending petition.

How do I get back into good academic standing?

Students are considered in good standing when both their Central Missouri GPA and cumulative GPA are at least a 2.00.

How will I be notified if I am academically suspended?

If you are academically suspended you will be contacted by the University by the Thursday following finals week, after final grades are available.  The university will contact you two different ways with this information.  You will receive an e-mail to your UCM e-mail account and a personal announcement in MyCentral.  Both of these contacts will be sent from the Registrar’s Office.  A paper letter will not be sent to inform you of your academic standing.

You can also check your academic standing at anytime in MyCentral and on your unofficial transcript.

How does academic suspension affect my financial aid?

If you had been approved to receive financial assistance for a future semester, your assistance will be canceled due to your suspension. If and when you are reinstated, the UCM Office of Student Financial Services will be notified, and your aid will be reviewed and reinstated if you meet eligibility criteria. Questions regarding financial assistance may be directed to the Office of Student Financial Services at 660-543-8266.