Missouri Safety Center
- ATV Safety Course
- Commercial Motor Vehicle/CDL
- Crash Reconstruction/ Investigation
- Crisis & Disaster Management Online Degree Programs
- Defensive Driving
- Driver Education
- Driver Improvement Program (DIP)
- Ignition Interlock Device Program
- Instructor Development Course
- Law Enforcement
- Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program (MMSP)
- School Bus Safety
Law Enforcement Training: TOPS & Officer Roadside Safety
Sponsored/Hosted by the Missouri Safety Center
TOPS - Traffic Occupant Protection Strategies 8:00am to 12:00 noon
This 4 hour course is designed for officers and supervisors to increase understanding of how law enforcement officers save lives and prevent injuries by enforcing traffic laws. The class will also discuss:
- The toll traffic crashes have on the community
- Occupant protection laws
- Crash dynamics
- Special risks to law enforcement
- Effective methods of issuing citations
- Effects of high visibility traffic enforcement on preventing and clearing other crimes
Officer Roadside Safety 1:00pm to 5:00pm
More officers are killed as a result of automobile accidents struck by vehicles and intentional vehicle assaults than any other method.
This 4 hour course will review and discuss the prevalence of officer accidents, traffic related accidents and deaths in recent history. Various contributing factors will be discussed including fatigue, equipment, staffing and individual officer experience.
This program will include specific recommendations on how to prevent and survive roadside incidents, including vehicle positioning, traffic stop recommendations, lane closure and traffic direction recommendations.
Both classes are POST Certified; 8 hours POST credit will be provided by the Missouri Safety Center. There is no charge for this training; the tuition is funded by Missouri Division of Highway Safety for all Missouri law enforcement officers. Arrangements for meals and lodging will be the student's responsibility. Because our classes have limited seating, and are filled on a first come first serve basis, we request 48 hours notice of cancellation. This may allow waiting list students to take the course. TO CANCEL a class hosted at the Missouri Safety Center, Warrensburg, MO, CALL: 660-543-4834 OR E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org.