- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Prospective Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Current Student Resources
- Calendar & Special Events
- Community Music Program
- Music Alumni
- Getting to UCM
- For Faculty
- About Us
Auditions, Scholarships and Application for Music Degrees
Music Scholarships and Music Degree Auditions
University of Central Missouri
Apply for admission to UCM.
- Priority consideration for Red & Black Scholarships is given to students who apply before December 1.
- Consideration will be given to students after December 1, as long as scholarship funds remain.
- Students that qualify for regular admission, and are from any of the eight states that border Missouri, will be eligible for a Choose Red Scholarship (in-state tuition).
Apply/Register for a Music Degree and/or Scholarship Audition. The application form must be completed before the audition, and should be completed as soon as possible.
- Every student auditioning is considered for a music Scholarship.
- Students interested in majoring or minoring in music, are also considered for music admission.
- The application form includes an option to indicate interest in a marching band only audition.
Color Guard and
Drumline auditions are held in the late spring each year, separate from
the Admission / Scholarship Audition process.
- The departmental preference is for future students to
audition on campus during the following date:
- Saturday, February 15, 2014
- Second preference - Monday, February 17, 2014
- Fall Audition date 2013: November 15
- Additional audition opportunities:
- On line audition (using Skype or similar web cast technology)
- By appointment
- For off campus opportunities - please contact one of the area coordinators listed below.
Prepare for the Admission / Scholarship Audition
Students applying for admission to music degrees, should read the Department of Music Admissions policy information and prepare for the Music Fundamentals Examination.
- The Music Fundamentals Examination will be administered during the student's audition visit.
Contact the applied instructor in your primary area of interest.
- In most cases, the applied instructor will serve as your primary music advisor.
- Applied instructors can answer specific questions regarding appropriate audition literature, the Music Fundamentals Examination, marching band specific questions, and ensemble audition schedules.
- If you are unsure of the
instructor for your specific area, please feel free to contact one of
the area coordinators listed below:
Keyboard: Dr. Mia Hynes
Strings: Dr. John Rutland
Voice: Dr. Alan Zabriskie
Woodwinds, Brass, and Percussion: Dr. James Gai
Additional Scholarships in Music
- Includes new and returning students
- *The music registration/application
form serves as the application for all UCM Foundation Scholarships.
There is no need to complete any additional scholarship applications.
For additional information, please contact:
The Music Department Office:
2013-2014 Music News
UCM Students and Teachers earn multiple honors at 2014 NATS Students Auditions read more...
Pickering named winner of the 2014 Quistorff Opera/Aria Prize Competition read more...
UCM Jazz Ensemble students selected to perform with Missouri All-Collegiate Jazz Ensemble read more...
UCM Piano Pedagogy students engage in service learning opportunity read more...
UCM Music Technology program selected for Shure Fantastic Scholastic Recording Competition read more...
Dr. Carla Maltas assists Boy Scouts of America as an instructor for Merit Badge University read more...
Haley Steele earns top summer McNair scholar honors read more...
Dr. Michael Sekelsky serves on committee for history of drum set museum display read more...
Dr. Alan Wenger receives notification of trumpet quartet book publication read more...
Dr. Eric Honour has composition selected for 2013 International Computer Music Conference read more...