- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- International Admissions
- Prospective Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Current Student Resources
- Calendar & Special Events
- Community Music Program
- Music Alumni
- Getting to UCM
- For Faculty
- About Us
Auditions, Scholarships and Application for Music Degrees
Music Scholarships and Music Degree Auditions
University of Central Missouri
Apply for admission to UCM.
- Priority consideration for Red & Black Scholarships is given to students who apply before December 1.
- Consideration will be given to students after December 1, as long as scholarship funds remain.
- Students that qualify for regular admission, and are from any of the eight states that border Missouri, will be eligible for a Choose Red Scholarship (in-state tuition).
Apply/Register for a Music Degree and/or Scholarship Audition. The application form must be completed before the audition, and should be completed as soon as possible.
- Every student auditioning is considered for a music Scholarship.
- Students interested in majoring or minoring in music, are also considered for music admission.
- The application form includes an option to indicate interest in a marching band only audition.
Color Guard and
Drumline auditions are held in the late spring each year, separate from
the Admission / Scholarship Audition process.
- The departmental preference is for future students to
audition on campus during the following date:
- Saturday, February 15, 2014
- Second preference - Monday, February 17, 2014
- Fall Audition date 2013: November 15
- Additional audition opportunities:
- On line audition (using Skype or similar web cast technology)
- By appointment
- For off campus opportunities - please contact one of the area coordinators listed below.
Prepare for the Admission / Scholarship Audition
Students applying for admission to music degrees, should read the Department of Music Admissions policy information and prepare for the Music Fundamentals Examination.
- The Music Fundamentals Examination will be administered during the student's audition visit.
Contact the applied instructor in your primary area of interest.
- In most cases, the applied instructor will serve as your primary music advisor.
- Applied instructors can answer specific questions regarding appropriate audition literature, the Music Fundamentals Examination, marching band specific questions, and ensemble audition schedules.
- If you are unsure of the
instructor for your specific area, please feel free to contact one of
the area coordinators listed below:
Keyboard: Dr. Mia Hynes
Strings: Dr. John Rutland
Voice: Dr. Alan Zabriskie
Woodwinds, Brass, and Percussion: Dr. James Gai
Additional Scholarships in Music
- Includes new and returning students
- *The music registration/application
form serves as the application for all UCM Foundation Scholarships.
There is no need to complete any additional scholarship applications.
For additional information, please contact:
The Music Department Office: