Click to print this page

Payment Options

Semester Payment Information

Students are required to pay their account balances by published deadlines using one of the following payment options:

  • Payment in full
  • Installment Payment Plan
  • Confirmed Financial Aid greater than account balance

According to the Financial Responsibility Agreement, students must pay all outstanding balances and/or be current on their payment plan before being eligible to re-enroll or receive transcripts. Please ensure that you meet the payment date deadlines to keep your student account in good standing to avoid having a hold placed on the account.  Learn more about Fall & Spring semester or Summer semester payments.

 All students are obligated to pay promptly all charges owed on their account, including payment plan fees, collection agency referral-fees, and other reasonable collection costs to collect unpaid balances.

Methods of Payment

UCM accepts in-person payments up to 30 minutes prior to close, in the Student Financial Services Office, Ward Edwards, Suite 1100 of:

  • Money Order/Cash/Demand Draft 
  • Debit Card*
  • Check/Cashier's/Bank Certified/Travelers** 

 *PIN may be required for in person transactions.

**See Returned Payment Section

The following payment types may also be made online through the MyCentral or Authorized User UCM Payment Center Portal:

  • Debit Card
  • Check **
  • Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) - Service Fee Applies***

*Online debit is possible if your bank allows purchases without use of a PIN.

**See Returned Payment Information

***A nonrefundable fee of 2.85% of the amount being paid is assessed by the processor; the University does not share in this fee.

Please Note: Checks from certain types of accounts cannot be processed electronically through the UCM Payment Center (Ex: Trust, Money Market, Investment Account, College Savings Plan and Corporate Checks).

The following types of payments are also accepted via Mail:

  • Money Order/Demand Draft 
  • Check/Cashier's/Bank Certified/Travelers 
  • 529 College Savings Plan 
  • Other state prepaid plans - Please see Third Party Payments

Please include the student's name and/or 700# with the payment or on the payment method. 

Mailing Address:

University of Central Missouri
Student Financial Services
PO Box 800
Warrensburg, MO 64093

Returned Payments

Personal checks written to the University of Central Missouri and E-checks will be electronically debited from the customer's checking account. Any check remittance returned by the bank as unpaid may be electronically submitted for repayment the maximum number of times allowed by law. In the event that the transaction is still returned unpaid, the customer agrees the student account will be charged a return check fee of $25 plus the original amount of the payment that was initially credited to the account.

Special Student Populations - Avoid Payment Plan Fees

Financial Aid: Make sure your Financial Aid requirements have been completed and your aid is ready to disburse prior to the payment in full due date. If Financial Aid does not cover your entire balance, the remaining balance is due according to published payment dates.

Third Party: Ensure your letter of credit or sponsorship voucher has been received in our office prior to the payment in full due date.

Military and Veterans: Complete all required steps with the Office of Military and Veteran Services; completing the Veterans Certification Request Form each semester and providing your Certificate of Eligibility to the VA Certifying Official before the semester begins is imperative to avoid payment plan fees.

Third Party Payments

Military and Veteran tuition assistance, Vocational Rehabilitation, Federal or State aidScholarships, and Employer tuition assistance are the most common forms of third party payments.

Please ensure all required applications and steps have been completed with the third party to ensure timely payment to your student account.

Remaining fees or charges not covered by the third party are due upon billing. Failure to remit payment by the billing due date will result in late fees being assessed and/or failure to process your registration for the following semester.  Exceptions for Chapter 31 and 33 recipients.  

State prepaid plans - The Account owner must contact their plan administrator to begin the process. Once the account owner has completed all required documentation with their plan administrator, the prepaid program will send UCM a third party billing authorization letter.

The Plan Administrator may mail documentation to:

University of Central Missouri
Student Financial Services
PO Box 800
Warrensburg, MO 64093

Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits

The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation in most states (including Missouri) is an agency designed to help persons with physical and/or mental impairments become gainfully employed. In the State of Missouri, the program is administered by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.

 A wide range of services are offered and the Vocational Rehabilitation counselor assigned to you will determine which services you may benefit from. An individualized plan for employment will then be developed to assist you in becoming employed. Its then your responsibility to put forth your best effort to complete this plan.

With regard to the financial aid programs available at the University of Central Missouri, one of the Vocational Rehabilitation services offered is training to prepare you for employment. At no (or reduced) cost to you, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation may pay some or all the costs you'll incur to attend UCM, including tuition and fees, books and required supplies, and even basic living and transportation expenses.

However, before these benefits can be approved by your Vocational Rehabilitation counselor, you'll be required to apply for the other financial assistance for which you qualify. This includes completing and submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Detailed information about applying for financial assistance to attend UCM is available on the Applying for Aid page.

Important: Please realize that the total amount of federal, state, UCM, and other financial assistance you may be receiving, including all Vocational Rehabilitation benefits for which you qualify (monthly 'maintenance' benefits too), is not permitted to exceed your assigned Cost of Attendance. In fact, your Vocational Rehabilitation counselor may even have to reduce your benefits according to the total amount of grant and scholarship assistance you're receiving.

Questions about applying for Vocational Rehabilitation benefits should be directed to your area Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Office.

Embassy or Government Sponsorship

If you are sponsored by your government, please ensure a copy of your financial guarantee has been provided to our third-party SFS office contact, so that we may invoice the appropriate sponsor.

Fees or charges that are not covered by the sponsor's guarantee are due upon billing. Failure to remit payment by the billing due date will result in late fees being assessed and/or failure to process your registration for the following semester.

International Payments

International Payment methods may also include wire, government sponsorship, and demand draft.

Flywire Benefits:

  • Secure payments from any country and any bank
  • Save money on bank fees
  • Multilingual customer support 24x7 
  • Track your payment from start to finish to ensure timely payments
  • Avoid fraud and tuition payment scams

More questions?  Visit Flywire. 

How Flywire Works

Visit Flywire to learn more about "How it works" and their support site to answer any question you may have about the process.

Documentation for Bank Managers

Some international bank managers, may ask for additional information regarding the methods of payment accepted by the University. The letter below has been provided for your convenience:

Memo Regarding International Payments

Additional International Payment Methods

U.S. currency (cash), checks from stateside bank accounts, and credit card payments are also accepted according to the same guidelines as domestic students; details are available in the "Methods of Payment" section on this page. Other accepted methods of international payment include:

Demand Draft

You may pay with a demand draft during scheduled office hours on the Warrensburg campus. Please note the following requirements:

  • The demand draft must be made in U.S. currency
  • Must be drawn on a bank located in the United States
  • Total amount of draft may not exceed charges billed for the semester
  • Pay to the order of the University of Central Missouri

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there scholarships for International students?

Information regarding UCM scholarships for international students is available through International Admissions and the UCM Scholarship Finder, the University's online scholarship application.

Can students from other countries get U.S. financial aid?

Federal Aid is dependent on your citizenship or immigration status. Please see the section "I am not a U.S. Citizen" on the flyer "Can I get financial aid?"

When is my payment due?

Full payment for each semester is as follows:

  • Fall semester is due August 20
  • Spring semester is due January 20
  • Summer semester (if applicable) is due May 20

More information about billing, payments, refunds and outstanding student account balances can be found on this page.

I'm getting a loan from my bank in India; can I use Flywire?

Yes, please see specific details at to understand how the process works. Other payment options are discussed on this page in the International Payments section.

How much should I pay?

Please refer to the tuition and fee charges on the I-20 that was prepared for you by the International Office. Student Financial Services can only accept payment per semester for what is billed; this will include:

  • tuition
  • mandatory fees
  • international insurance (amount varies)
  • new student fee ($50), charged only the first semester
  • international student services fee ($100 per semester)
  • room and board - only if living on campus and billed by Housing

These totals are included on the I-20 as a total for two semesters. You will need to divide the charges listed above in half to get the estimated cost per semester.

Overpayment to the University is not permitted, therefore, if bringing a demand draft, ensure the amount is only for the amount expected to be billed. A letter has been prepared for bank managers that would like official clarification.


Installment Payment Plan Due Dates

As a service to our students and families, Student Financial Services offers a five-month installment payment plan for Fall and Spring semesters and a three-month plan for Summer semester. 

Fall and Spring Payment Dates

Fall and Spring Payment Dates

Summer Payment Dates

Summer Installment Plan Payment Schedule

Miss a Payment?

Please contact our office at (660) 543-8266 or through the Student Financial Services online contact form so we can help you get current and plan future payments. Missing payment date deadlines may result in a hold placed on the account.


Account Holds

 A hold on a student account may occur for many reasons; ultimately, its use is warranted when immediate action is needed by the student to resolve a concern. Student Financial Services may place a hold on an account for the following reasons:
  • The Student Financial Responsibility Agreement has yet to be acknowledged.
  • Payment on your account is past due.
  • A charge remains on your account that your aid is not authorized to pay.
  • Your bank has returned your payment unpaid.


If you are considering dropping a class(es) to be entitled to a refund, ensure you withdraw by the Registrar's established deadlines and understand how withdrawing from a class may affect your academic standing.  Financial aid recipients should consider financial aid policies that may  affect their current award or any future aid awards.  If unsure, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services with any questions before you withdraw/drop a class. 

Refunds for Excess Payments

If you have paid your account balance, then choose to drop a class within the Registrar's established refund deadlines, you may have a credit balance on your account.  Credit balances over $5 are typically refunded automatically each Tuesday and Thursday throughout the semester.  If you have Direct Deposit established in your UCM Payment Center, the funds will be sent electronically to your bank after the office closes on refunding days.  It may take your bank one to three days to credit your account.  If you do not have a valid account for Direct Deposit established, a check will be mailed to your local or campus mailing address the Friday after your refund is processed. Please note, if you paid with a credit card, the refund will be returned to that credit card.

Refunds from Financial Aid

If there is a credit balance on your account after educational charges are satisfied, you may be eligible to receive a refund. Your credit hour enrollment must be sufficient in order to receive and retain the aid that pays toward the charges. If you have dropped or withdrawn from some courses, there may be a required adjustment in your financial aid; see "Changes to Your Financial Assistance" on the Financial Aid Policies page.

Students may elect to receive their refund to the bank account of their choice by logging in to MyCentral and setting up an e-refund account. The e-refund account information is maintained by the student and is stored on a secure server at our hosted site. Students should review their account information periodically to ensure that it is up to date. A student may elect to receive their refund in the form of a paper check. In absence of a stored e-refund account, a check will be issued.

Parking permits, child care expenses, tickets and fines are examples of " educationally-related" charges that some students elect to have billed to their account. If you would like your excess financial aid to pay these charges, federal regulations require UCM to obtain your authorization. To consent, log into MyCentral, on the Student Services tab, click the link that says "Authorize Federal Aid," read the statement and if you agree, click the button to submit your authorization.

Appeal for a Tuition Refund

Tuition and Mandatory Fees are automatically refunded to students according to the refund deadline schedule posted by the Registrar (available in MyCentral also). However, in cases where a student believes a refund should be granted, which differs from the established schedule for a dropped class, an online refund appeal may be filed. Appeals should be filed only for very unique or extraordinary circumstances within three (3) months of the date he/she withdrew from the course. Once the appeal is received, the reviewer may request additional information or documentation from the you, the instructor, or any other pertinent party. The process normally takes 2-3 weeks and the student will be notified via email regarding the decision.

The link to the appeal form is located in MyCentral on the Student Financial Services page within the "Financial Services Forms" section.  Please note, if you are withdrawing from all courses, contact the Office of Student Experience and Engagement.

Financial Aid Recipients: Refer to the Financial Aid Policies to understand how a change in the credit hours you are enrolled in may affect your aid.

Frequently Asked Questions About Refunds

May I keep a credit balance for future charges?

Credit balances are typically refunded automatically, therefore credits cannot be held for future terms.

How do I set up direct deposit?

The student may set up direct deposit by logging into their MyCentral account and entering the UCM Payment Center via the link on the Student Services tab. Once in the payment center, click on the eRefunds tab to enter the routing and account number to either your checking or savings account.

Will I get a refund?

Please see the "Refunds from Financial Aid" section on this page.

Outstanding Student Account Balance

The University of Central Missouri expects account balances to remain current throughout the semester if paying in installments. All tuition, fees and other charges must be paid in full by the end of each semester. Keeping your account in good standing is required in order to enroll and/or retain your class schedule for future semesters. Accounts with past due balances may have a hold placed, which may prohibit the release of transcripts.

As an additional service to you, the University of Central Missouri has partnered with Heartland ECSI to contact you regarding your past due account before it reaches collection status.  Please visit their site, RecoverySelect or contact them at 844-454-6100 to make payment arrangements.


Enrolled students must be current on their Installment Payment Plan in order to enroll and/or retain their class schedule for future semesters. Student Financial Services does understand that unexpected financial events may occur. If you receive notification that your class schedule may be cancelled, please contact our office so that we may work with you. Please be advised, the Student Financial Services office reserves the right to have the student registration withdrawn if special arrangements are made but the student fails to follow through.


Student Financial Services does understand that unexpected financial events may occur and impede your ability to pay in full. In cases when required monthly installment payments were not able to be met over the course of the semester, a past-term repayment agreement may be an option extended by the University. Repayment agreements are a short-term arrangement and are not a long-term financing option. Students with a repayment agreement may be able to enroll once their balance is satisfied in full.

Please note that University Policy requires past due balances must be paid in full prior to future enrollment or release of transcripts. Therefore, students that wish to return for the following semester may need to apply for loans with a private lender so their outstanding balance with the University is satisfied. Once the payment for the outstanding balance has cleared, the financial hold will be released.

If your permanent mailing address needs to be updated, please contact the Registrar; local mailing addresses can be updated in your MyCentral account.

Past Term Repayment Agreement Information

Repayment Agreements cannot exceed six months, are subject to a monthly payment plan fee of 1.5% of the unpaid balance, are due on the 15th of the month and require a signed promissory note.

  • You may always pay more than the minimum installment each month, but monthly payments must be made.
    • Missed payments may result in the account being referred to a Collection Agency.
    • Once referral to a Collection Agency occurs, repayment should be arranged with the agency.
  • Past term repayment agreements cannot be "extended" or "deferred."
  • The balance must be paid in full to release your financial hold.
  • Returned check balances cannot be included on a repayment agreement.
  • Any returned check balance must be paid in full prior to starting a repayment agreement for a prior term balance.

Early payoff is encourage; no penalty fee will apply.

Write-Off Balances/Uncollectable Debts

The University may choose to write-off balances it deems uncollectable. However, students remain responsible to pay any balance, including payment plan fees and collection agency referral charges, after a debt has been written-off. These balances must be paid in full to release transcripts, certificates or diplomas.

Students who want to repay their written-off balance need to contact the Student Financial Services office to have the debt reinstated prior to paying. Once the written-off debt is reinstated, it may be subject to the resumption of payment plan fees.

The Student Financial Services office reserves the right to resume collection activities on written-off balances. The only balances that students are not responsible for paying are those debts which have been legally discharged through bankruptcy filing and verified with the University of Central Missouri General Counsel Office.

Bankruptcy Filings

Educational debts are not typically dischargeable through bankruptcy. Former students (or their legal representative) that wish to have debt considered for discharge, should provide written, court documentation of the bankruptcy filing including the chapter, case number, filing date and legal representative contact number.

Once notice of bankruptcy filing is received, all formal collection efforts for the balance incurred prior to the bankruptcy filing will cease, pending the decision of the court.

Placement with a Third-Party Collection Agency

If the past due account holder cannot be reached and/or satisfactory payment plan arranged, the account is then referred to a third-party agency to pursue collection efforts on behalf of the University.  Additional, collection-agency referral fees may be applied to the account.  Accounts placed with a third-party collection agency may be reported to the credit bureaus as allowed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. This means that the account holder may be adversely impacted when trying to apply for a loan, rent an apartment or pursue another activity involving a credit check.

Student Financial Services is committed to working with students to avoid this scenario. Please help us by responding to emails, phone calls and mailed correspondence as well as ensure that you contact information is up-to-date in MyCentral. Permanent mailing address changes are updated through the Registrar; local mailing addresses can be updated in MyCentral. Please note: If you cannot access your MyCentral account, you can contact the Technology Support Center at (660) 543-4357 to have it reactivated.

State of Missouri Debt Offset Program

The Debt Offset Program is designed to facilitate the collection of debts owed by an individual to an agency of the State of Missouri. The University of Central Missouri receives state appropriations, therefore is an agent of the state. Non-enrolled debtors with a balance of $50 or more and in arrears of 60 days or longer, will be reported (as mandated) to the Missouri Department of Revenue. The Department of Revenue will notify the taxpayer that the amount owed to the University has been deducted from the individual's State income tax return and forward the amount intercepted to the University so it may be applied to their past due balance.

The debtor may contact Student Financial Services to speak with Customer Service or the Student Collection Accountant for additional information regarding his/her account. Student records will be held until the financial obligation is satisfied in full.

The program gives the alleged debtor the right to file a written protest to the Student Financial Services Office for the validity of the debt. The appeal must be in writing and submitted within 30 days from the date the University receives the funds from the state. The following information must be contained in the appeal:

  • Your name
  • Your address
  • Your social security number
  • Type of debt in dispute
  • Detailed statement of all reasons you disagree with the debt amount or dispute that the debt is owed.

Mail to:

University of Central Missouri
Student Financial Services/Offset
PO Box 800
Warrensburg, MO 64093

The debtor waives their right to protest if he/she fails to file a written request within 30 days.

Perkins Loan Repayment

One mission of the UCM Office of Student Financial Services is to assist UCM students with satisfying past due charges and with managing the required repayment of the Perkins Loan program funds they may have borrowed while attending the University of Central Missouri. Detailed information about the Federal Perkins Loan repayment process is now available online. You can view your account, check your balance, Pay online, update your address, print forms, and elect for paperless billing. 

Online payments can be made at any time and will be processed no later than 2 p.m. the following business day. If you need any assistance, the Office of Student Financial Services may be contacted at (660) 543-8266.

Access Perkins Account

First time logging in?

To setup your account, please enter your UCM Student ID number for the "User Name." Your initial password is your ID number followed by $ (a dollar sign). You will be prompted to change your password. Please feel free to call 660-543-8266 with any questions. Thank you.

About the Perkins Loan Program

Detailed information about the Federal Perkins Loan program is available by visiting Federal Student Aid.

Contact Information

For specific questions about your UCM Perkins Loan account, you're welcome to directly email Teresa White or Rhonda Stangel in the UCM Office of Student Financial Services or call (660) 543-8266.


Deferment forms are used by a student making an initial request for a deferment of payment.
Cancellation forms are used after you have completed your first full year of employment.

Cancellation for Non-Teaching - Complete after 1 year of work
Cancellation for Teaching - After academic year is finished
Change of Address 
Deferment for Non-Teachers - Complete for first year of work
Deferment for Teachers - Complete for first academic year
Explanation of Deferment and Cancellation Types and Processes
Request for Postponement of Payment Benefits

Frequently Asked Questions

What are my rights and responsibilities?

As a Perkins Loan borrower you are eligible for a nine month grace period from the time you graduate, drop to half-time student status, or leave school until your first payment is due. You are required to make monthly payments on your loan in accordance with your promissory note.

If you choose to pay more than the minimum payment, you may do so without being penalized. You may also be eligible for certain deferments or cancellations. Please see the section on deferments and cancellations for more information.

What is an exit interview and when do I have to complete it?

You must complete an exit interview process anytime you graduate, drop below half-time student status, or leave school for an extended amount of time (one semester or more).

  • University of Central Missouri half-time student status during fall, spring, and summer semesters for undergraduates is six hours.
  • For Graduate students, half-time status during fall, spring, and summer semesters is four hours.

If you fall below these hours you will have to complete an exit interview.

An exit interview consists of completing exit counseling through your online Perkins account.

How long is the grace period before I have to pay back the loan?

You have nine consecutive months from the time you graduate, drop below half-time status or leave school until your first payment is due. During this time, repayment need not be made and interest will not accrue. However, you are encouraged at your option, and without penalty, to make prepayment during this period of time with the idea of saving on interest and repaying your loan in less than the time provided. After the nine month grace period, interest accrues at a fixed percentage rate each month.

What type of deferments are available?

There are deferments available for various reasons including:

Student - Upon expiration of the grace period, a borrower returning to an institution of higher education may defer payments for the entire period that at least a half-time course of study is maintained.

Peace Corps or VISTA - Members are entitled to defer payment for a maximum of three years.

Volunteer Service in Tax Exempt Organizations - Volunteers performing service in tax exempt organizations similar to Peace Corps or VISTA may defer payment up to three years.

Economic Hardship - In a case of extreme financial hardship, deferral of repayment is sometimes allowed for short periods of time, dependent on the circumstances and determined by University of Central Missouri.

Forbearance - In a case where the borrower's repayment on Title IV loans equals or exceeds 20 percent of the borrower's gross income, a forbearance may be granted. On receipt of written request and proper documentation, the University of Central Missouri may grant forbearance of principal and interest or principal only, as requested. Forbearance may also be allowed for short periods of time due to temporary hardship. Interest on the loan continues to accrue during hardship deferments, and documentation must be provided.

What types of cancellations are available and how do I qualify?

Borrowers who perform certain services explained briefly below may qualify for cancellation benefits up to 100% of the loan. For each complete year of employment in the following categories, the amount of this note shall be reduced at the rate of 15% of the total principal amount of the loan plus interest thereon for the first and second year, 20% for the third and fourth year, and 30% for the fifth year of such service.

Note: The process entails a number of steps. After requesting cancellation, the borrower is placed in deferred status for one year. After working for one year in a qualifying job, the borrower must submit a cancellation form. Once the form is signed, verified and approved, the first 15% of the loan is cancelled. The borrower will then receive another deferment for the next year. At the end of the second year of employment the borrower will again submit a cancellation form. Once the form is signed, verified and approved the second 15% will be cancelled. The process will continue for five years until the loan is cancelled in full.

Teaching Service - Borrower must be employed full time for a complete academic year, or its equivalent.

Teacher of mathematics, science, foreign language, bilingual education, or any other field of expertise where the state educational agency determines there is a shortage of qualified teachers.

Full time teacher in a public or other non-profit private elementary or secondary school which is in a school district or local educational agency which is eligible in such year for assistance pursuant to Title I and for that year has been designated a school with a high enrollment of students from low-income families. Any teacher who performs service in a school servicing low-income students, which fails to meet the low-income requirements in a subsequent year, may continue to teach in that school and be eligible for loan cancellation in subsequent years.

Full time teacher of the handicapped as follows:

Special Education teacher, including teachers of infants, toddlers, children or youth with disabilities, in a public or other non-profit elementary or secondary school system, or qualified professional provider of early intervention services in a public or other non-profit organization.

Law Enforcement or Corrections Officer - A borrower is entitled to cancellation of up to 100% of a Federal Perkins loan for full-time service as qualifying law enforcement or corrections officer.

Nursing/Medical Technician -

Nursing - A licensed practical nurse or registered nurse licensed by a state agency.

Medical Technician - An allied health professional who is certified, registered or licensed by the state.

Social Service - Employee of a public or private non-profit child or family service agency who is providing services to high-risk children who are from low-income communities and their families.

Head Start - If the borrower serves as a full time staff member in a preschool program carried on under section 22 (A) (1) of the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 which is operated for a period which is comparable to a full school year in the locality, and provided that the salary of such staff member is not more than the salary of a comparable employee of the local educational agency.

Peace Corps Cancellation - Borrowers are entitled to have up to 70% of the amount of this loan plus the interest thereon cancelled if they undertake service:

  • As a volunteer under the Peace Corps Act, or
  • as a volunteer under the Domestic Volunteer Service Act of 1973.

Death or Total Disability - Provisions are available for cancellation of the entire loan amount with the following evidence:

Death: Upon receipt of a Death Certificate

Disability: Complete certification that the borrower has become totally disabled and no longer able to be gainfully employed or attend school at Nelnet.

Can I pay ahead on my account without being penalized?

You are permitted to accelerate repayment of the whole or any part of your loan. However, when payment is made, you must indicate whether it is to be applied against your regularly scheduled payment or to be applied as an accelerated payment.

Example: If you wanted to pay three months in advance, indicate on your payment the months that are being paid (i.e. if it is January and you wanted to accelerate payment until March, you would state that the payment was for January, February and March).

What are my obligations as a borrower?

Name or Address Change - You must promptly notify the UCM Office of Student Financial Services when you change your name, address, or phone number.

Completion of Forms - all forms should be completed as soon as you qualify so that you will not be billed and your account will remain current, rather than become past due.

University of Central Missouri
Student Financial Services/Perkins
PO Box 800
Warrensburg, MO 64093

Finance Charges - Interest (5 percent) begins to accrue on the unpaid balance of the loan upon completion of the grace period. This is an annual percentage rate calculated on the unpaid principal balance.

Timely Remittance - you will be billed for each payment due. A billing statement will be sent to you each month. if you cannot make payment on time, you must contact the Office of Student Financial Services, 660-543-8266, prior to the payment due date. University of Central Missouri will cooperate with you in any way possible, but late payments and other types of neglect (i.e. failure to report an address change or to submit forms on time), could result in action by a collection agency or interception of your state income tax refund. This will have an effect on your future credit rating, and may result in the University of Central Missouri placing a hold on transcripts and future registrations. You may also be obligated to pay collection agency fees or legal costs if it becomes necessary for the University of Central Missouri to assign your account to a collection agency or file litigation. Per terms of your promissory note, the University of Central Missouri may add late fees for each late installment.

Where can I find the interest paid (1098E) on the loan for tax purposes?

You can find the interest paid information in your online Perkins account.

Repayment Billing Information

 The UCM Office of Student Financial Services will bill you for each loan payment due. All monthly payments are due by the 15th of each month. Should you not receive a bill, please mail your payment (please include your Student Identification number-700#) by the 15th to: University of Central Missouri, Student Financial Services-Perkins, PO Box 800, Warrensburg, MO 64093.

If you're unable to make a payment on time, contact the Office of Student Financial Services prior to the payment due date. University of Central Missouri will cooperate with you as much as possible, but late payments can result in punitive action, which will have an effect on your credit rating and will be a reason for the University of Central Missouri to place a hold on your academic transcript and your enrollment for a future semester. Fees for each late payment may also be added to the total amount due.

Interest at 5% annually begins to accrue on the unpaid balance due of your Perkins Loan after completion of the 9-month grace period.


Student Financial Services
Warrensburg MO 64093
Ward Edwards 1100
Tel: (660) 543 - 8266
Fax: (660) 543 - 8080



  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram