Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Gain a Worldly Perspective at UCM

Gain a WORLDLY PERSPECTIVE. Experience learning to a greater degree.

Learn about life in Warrensburg and at UCM

How warm does it get? How big is Warrensburg? How many students are at UCM?
Discover more about life at UCM.

Learn from faculty from around the world
UCM athletes from across the globe
Justin Drouin - Study Abroad Testimonial

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for international admissions? What are the...

admissions requirements?

-Submit an online application found at this link (
-Pay the $75 application fee (Non-Refundable)
-Prove English Proficiency
-Provide financial letter of support (form will be provided once you apply)
-Bank statement with adequate funds UCM program

What are the admissions deadlines for international applications?

All applicants should apply for admission and submit required supporting materials as early as possible. All supporting documents must be received before the relevent admissions deadlines listed below.

Fall Application Deadlines

  • Students coming from their home country June 1st
  • Transfer students  July 15th

Spring Application Deadlines

  • Students coming from their home country >October 15th
  • Transfer students  December 1st.

Summer Application Deadlines (Intensive English Program, Computer Science,  Computer Information Systems & Information Technology, Technology, and Industrial Management)

  • Students coming from their home country April 1st
  • Transfer students May 1st

Undergraduate and IEP only students: Once these items are received and you application has been processed, the International Center will issue a letter of acceptance and I-20 within 7-12 business days.

Graduate Students: Once these items are received and you application has been processed, your information will be forwarded to the graduate program for acceptance. After the graduate program coordinator has made a decision, the International Center will issue a letter of acceptance and I-20 within 7-12 business days.

What if I do not have my own credit card?

Students who pay the application fee using a credit card that is not their own personal card will be taking the risk of the third party's card being fraudulent. Any payment that is found to be fraudulent will result in the student’s application not being processed until a successful payment is received. Money orders or checks can be made out to UCM - Graduate Studies and mailed to the following address:
The Graduate School and International Admissions
Ward Edwards 1800
Warrensburg, MO 64093

Do freshman have to have their secondary education  diplomas/certificates...


Yes, secondary education diplomas/certificates must be evaluated. 

Applicants without post-secondary credit or less than 24 university/college semester hours.
Please submit all non-US awarded secondary education diplomas/certificates directly to one of our preferred credential evaluators for authentication and evaluation; please choose the Document-by-Document Report option. We are unable to accept credential evaluations from other credential evaluators.

Applicants with 24 or more post-secondary university/college semester hours.
For applicants who have previously attended a post-secondary institution and earned 24 or more university/college semester credits, please submit all non-US transcripts directly to one of our preferred credential evaluators for authentication; please choose the Course-by-Course with GPA option.We are unable to accept credential evaluations from other credential evaluators. (Note: A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 is required of all undergraduate transfer applicants.)

UCM's Preferred Credential Evaluators Include:

World Education Services -
Educational Perspectives -
Educational Credential Evaluators -
Global Education Group -

Do I have to have my transcripts evaluated?

Yes, transcripts must be evaluated.  To ensure a complete and timely processing of applications, applicants must contact our preferred credential evaluators directly and request a course-by-course and GPA evaluation.  We are unable to accept credential evaluations from other credential evaluators.

Credential evaluators offer several levels of service; we require a minimum of the Course-by-course evaluation which provides Grade-Point-Average (GPA) and course levels. Evaluations are accepted at thousands of universities within the US and abroad. Having your educational experiences evaluated by a preferred credential evaluator will provide a more accurate assessment of your credentials and ensure a more streamlined application experience and admissions decision for you.

What transcripts are required?

Undergraduate Students: High School transcripts.

Undergraduate Transfer: High School transcripts and transcripts from all institutions attended. If 24 college credit hours have been completed at another university, high school transcripts are not needed.

Graduate Students: Transcripts from all prior colleges and universities attended, including undergraduate and/or graduate credit.

What is my application status?

Students can check their application status at any time by accessing their personalized URL (PURL). Your PURL is automatically emailed to the email address you provided on your application.

When does my PURL update?

PURLs update once the information you have provided has been reviewed by a member of our staff. Currently, the PURL does not update upon receipt of materials. This could take at least a week and longer during our high volume times.

Can I change my major?

Yes, undergraduates must receive adviser approval to change their major. Graduate Students are strongly cautioned when changing their major and it is recommended they visit with their adviser and Graduate Coordinator first. At the graduate level, when a student requests a change of major the student must be fully admitted into the other program and meet all of the other program’s admissions requirements. Students with a graduate UCM GPA must have a 3.0 or higher to request a change of major. Earned credit at UCM may not apply to the newly selected program and could delay the degree completion time; the cost of programs differ and changing majors could impact the overall tuition cost of your degree.

What if I need to reapply for a later admission term and come later?

Students who wish to reapply for a later admissions term will need to update their original application online with the same email address originally used to apply. Student will need to pay an additional (non-refundable) $75 US dollar application fee.

Are there any documents I should email or mail to the Graduate School?

No, all documents required for admissions can be uploaded in the student’s PURL. You
should not email or mail any documents to the Graduate School.

Do I need to take the GRE or GMAT?

Some graduate programs require the GRE or the GMAT for admissions; to find the programs with this requirement and the minimum scores visit this site:
If your program requires the GRE or GMAT, scores should be sent to Testing Services.

Can I send you a copy of my IELTS or TOEFL?

Unfortunately, we cannot accept IELTS or TOEFL score reports directly from students. For security purposes, you must request the electronic score report be sent directly from IELTS to the University of Central Missouri. We download the scores in batches. If your testing center does not have the capability of sending electronic scores, then have them send a paper copy directly to UCM at the address below. UCM requires an IELTS score of 6.0 for graduate students and 5.5 for undergradute students.   TOEFL exam score of 61 IBT or 500 PBT for undergraduates, 79 IBT or 550 PBT for graduates

University of Central Missouri
Testing Center
Humphreys 216
Warrensburg, MO 64093

I'm a gradaute student and I want to transfer to UCM,what if my GPA is below a 3.0?

You cannot transfer to UCM if your graduate GPA is below a 3.0  Graduate students attending another institution who wish to transfer to UCM must have a 3.0 graduate GPA.

I'm an undergradaute student and I want to transfer to UCM,what if my GPA is...

below a 2.0?

You cannot transfer to UCM if our undergradaute GPA is below a 2.0 .  Undergraduate students attending another institution who wish to transfer to UCM must have a 2.0 undergraduate GPA.

Can I transfer credits to UCM?

Credit from other universities can be used toward degrees at UCM, however it is not a guaranteed or automatic process; approvals are necessary.

Undergraduate credit advisers will review and apply transfer credit toward the general education requirements. Department chairs will review and apply credit toward the major requirements.

Graduate students must have approval from the adviser to apply transfer credit toward a degree and the adviser submits the request to the Graduate School for processing. The graduate catalog ( page 16 outlines the specific requirements for graduate transfer credit.

When will I receive an I-20?

Once a student has been fully admitted to UCM (including specific program admission for graduate students), the International Student Services will issue an official letter of acceptance and supporting VISA documents within 7-12 business days. Please contact the International Center at or 660.543.4092 if you have questions about your I-20.

Can I apply for summer admission?

Currently, we do not offer a summer intake for regularly-admitted international students. We encourage you to apply for the fall semester. IEP students are the only international students permitted to apply for Summer admission.

Can I find information about admissions requirements from other websites,...

such as facebook?

Students should review use the UCM website ( int/) or contact the Graduate School and International Admissions staff for accurate admissions requirements. Information obtained from other sites aside from UCM is not guaranteed to be reliable.

Change of Status


On-Campus Employment

12-Month OPT


24-Month OPT STEM Extension