Skip to Main Navigation | Skip
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Academic Program Review Committee's Official Charge
(Updated May, 2013)
- To evaluate five-year review reports of existing academic programs and make recommendations focusing on contribution to the University mission, academic quality, and resource adequacy and utilization efficiency. The APRC review will be completed in accordance with the Internal Program Review Process and Timetable (revised 5/27/08).
- To promote continuous self-assessment by colleges and departments to improve the quality and the delivery of academic programs.
- To advise and to perform the tasks set forth in Board of Governors Policy 3.1.010 (with appendices, 3.1.010A and 3.1.010B), Faculty Retrenchment Policy and Procedures.
- To undertake other tasks as assigned by the provost.
- Position in the Organizational Structure
- Four full-time faculty members from each academic college and one each from the Library and Academic Enrichment. Department chairs are ineligible to serve. Half of the representatives from each academic college and the representatives from the Library and Academic Enrichment shall be elected by the full-time faculty of the unit they represent. The remaining faculty members shall be appointed by the Dean of their respective colleges. All faculty representatives shall serve three-year terms, which shall be staggered to promote continuity of committee operations. Members shall not vote on programs housed within their respective departments.
- Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services (non-voting)
- Elected annually from among the faculty representatives of the committee.
- The chair must be in his/her second or third year of service on the Committee.
- The chair may be reelected to a second term.
- The chair is responsible for creating and maintaining a Procedures Manual, a copy to be kept in the Provost’s Office and the Faculty Senate Office.
- This committee meets once per month (typically the first Thursday of the month) including the summer months as required to complete committee business.
- Committees may conduct business and voting via electronic means.