Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content
Authority and Responsibility:
The Traffic and Parking Policy Committee is a committee of the Administrative Council and is charged with the authority and responsibility conferred upon it by that body and the President of the University. The purpose and charge of this committee shall be recommendation to the Administrative Council (for final decision by the President) of traffic and parking regulations for the safety and welfare of students, faculty, staff, visitors, and other persons using or traveling on the property of University of Central Missouri or property leased or under the administrative control of the University.
Membership of the Traffic and Parking Policy Committee shall consist of two faculty, three staff, three students, and five Ex officio members as indicated below. The faculty members shall be appointed by the Faculty Senate. One staff member shall be appointed by the Support Staff Council, one by the Professional Staff Council, and one by the Bargaining Unit. The student members shall be appointed by the Student Government Association. Ex-officio voting members shall be the Director of Public Safety, Director of University Housing, Director of the University Union, Manager of Capitol and Land Development, and Director of the Physical Plant. Ex officio members may name an alternate to occasionally represent them in regularly scheduled meetings. These alternates are allowed to vote on behalf of the ex-officio member. No alternates shall be named as permanent replacements for the ex-officio members.
The term of office for faculty and staff members of the Committee shall be two years with alternating dates of expiration. Student members shall be appointed for one year, but may be reappointed one time.
The Committee shall elect one of the appointed faculty or staff members as chairperson.
The powers of the Committee shall include but shall not be limited to:
1. Establishing policies and procedures governing the conduct of its business including the appointment of and delegation of powers to subcommittees.
2. Reviewing all publications or recommending for publication fees for vehicle registration and parking, and regulations and fines for violations.
3. Recommending supplementary regulations as may be necessary to control pedestrian and vehicular traffic and parking.
4. Recommending to the Administrative Council through the Vice President for Finance and Administration regulations governing the classification and use of all parking lots and streets owned by the University; the qualifications for parking on lots; fees, regulations, applications, issuance, and use of parking permits; fines for violations of the regulations; and any other regulations needed to control traffic and parking safely and efficiently at University of Central Missouri.
5. Making recommendations to the Administrative Council through the Vice President for Finance and Administration regarding intra-campus transportation, vehicular and pedestrian movement, and parking where city or state owned streets or highways are used within and contiguous to University property.
This committee meets monthly. No summer meetings are held unless there is a special need.
Committees may conduct business and voting via electronic means.