II. Role of the Council
Support Staff Organizational Guidelines
A. Role and Purpose
The Support Staff Council is the principal professional organization for UCM support staff. The Council fulfills multiple purposes, all of which are designed to enable support staff to work collaboratively in providing essential service functions for the effective operation of the university. To this end, the Support Staff Council:
- Serves as the recognized leadership group for University support staff.
- Serves as a liaison by communicating and providing information to University support staff.
- Considers, assesses, evaluates and makes recommendations as may be appropriate on items brought to its attention by constituents, the University administration, or other UCM bodies.
- Advances University initiatives and works collaboratively with other governance groups and student organizations, providing feedback if requested.
- Provides opportunities for support staff to engage in service to students, and the University and local communities.
- Provides professional development opportunities and social networking activities for support staff.
Approved by Support Staff Council 12/13/2011