This degree is available at both the Warrensburg and Lee’s Summit campuses. The program
includes a mix of face-to-face and online courses. Classes are offered on an 8-week
cycle, supporting educators who have coaching and activity commitments.
Collaborative Principals Preparation Program
UCM partners with 14 Kansas City area suburban school districts in the Cooperative
Principals Preparation Program. Students must be recommended by their district for
this leadership program. The CPPP is a two-year cohort program offered at UCM Summit
Center (Lee’s Summit, MO). The program includes district mentoring, high quality professional
development, and intensive leadership development.
- Elementary Principal
- Secondary Principal
- Special Education Director
Degree programs can also be modified to support certification as a Middle School Principal.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2.75 or higher cumulative GPA
- Teaching or student services (special education) certification
- Experiences as a teacher or student services (special education) provider
- State approved programs
- Full-time faculty with wide-range of experiences
- All courses offered at both the main campus and UCM Summit Center
- Close ties with area school leaders
- Strong connections with DESE and state organizations
- Applicable to all districts: rural, suburban and urban
- Prepares students for state certification assessments
Courses are offered on a rotating basis at both the Warrensburg and Lee’s Summit campuses.
A few courses are offered online. Students have flexibility with their schedules and
time of completion. EDAD 5110 Foundations of Educational Administration should be
taken within the first six hours. The Principal Internships (EDAD 6969 and 6971) are
to be taken toward the end of the program of study.
At the end of the program you’ll complete an advanced practicum at your own school
or another location of your choice. This gives you the opportunity to tie together
everything you learned throughout your courses with local administrators and real
life scenarios. The Internships are also designed to provide support for those completing
the DESE Performance Tasks required for certification.
UCM is the longest continuously CAEP accredited public institution in Missouri