Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Office of Accessibility Services

Elliott Union 224
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: 660.543.4421
Fax: 660.543.4724


The Office of Accessibility Services strives to provide appropriate accommodations for students and others with disabilities.  In the event that a student has a concern directly related to his/her disability, the student should contact the director of OAS immediately.  

If the problem has not been resolved, and if a student or visitor believes that he/she has been discriminated against or harassed, or if he/she has witnessed such discrimination, that person should promptly report it using one of the methods summarized below. Complainants are encouraged to attempt the Informal Procedure prior to initiating the Formal Procedure, but are not required to do so.  

See the complete procedure at:

Informal Complaint Process
Formal Complaint Process
External Complaints (Office of Civil Rights)

The Informal Complaint Process

The Informal Complaint Process addresses the individual’s concern in a personal manner and is intended to resolve the matter swiftly. 

The individual is encouraged to discuss the matter with a university employee  (hereinafter, the University Official), and/or with an equity administrator, who will record the reported information in as much detail as possible, and may consult, confidentially, with any equity administrator at any point after receiving the complaint.

The University Official will provide a written response to the complainant following consultation with the Director of Human Resources or the General Counsel. The response will include the proposed resolution and the time frame for implementation of any needed action.  The informal report should be kept confidential and discussed only among the University Official receiving the report, the equity administrators, and others on a need-to-know basis as determined by the General Counsel.  

If it is determined that the alleged conduct warrants an investigation, the Formal Procedure set out below shall be followed. 

The Formal Complaint Process

The complainant shall submit a complaint in writing, signed and dated, to the Office of the General Counsel (Administration 208) as soon as possible after the alleged conduct or after the attempt to use the Informal Procedure proves to be unsatisfactory. The Office of the General Counsel shall determine if the complaint merits an investigation.   

If an investigation is not warranted, the Office of the General Counsel shall notify all parties when the file is closed.  If an investigation is warranted, the Office of the General Counsel will designate an investigator and will notify the complainant and the alleged wrongdoer, who will receive the specifics of the complaint.  

See the complete process at:

External Complaints (Office of Civil Rights)

Although the student is encouraged to attempt to resolve a grievance within the campus process, he or she has the right to file a complaint directly to the U.S. Office of Civil Rights.