Skip to Main Navigation | Skip
Elliott Union 222
Warrensburg, MO 64093
- Promote the cooperation and understanding of faculty.
- Advocate for students' interests and referral to and cooperation with other agencies.
- Provide speech recognition software (Dragon Dictate) helpful to students with disabilities in manual dexterity, written language, and others.
- Write letters to professors advising them of reasonable accommodations and sharing instructional techniques to assist students with disabilities.
- Assist in obtaining copies of instructors' notes, overhead transparencies, or class notes from other students.
- Provide textbooks on tape or disk.
- Convert printed language to synthetic speech with Open Book located in OAS Office and Docker computer lab, and James C. Kirkpatrick Library.
- Tape record class lectures.
- Provide sign language interpreters and note takers for students with hearing impairments.
- Facilitate testing accommodations including extended time, a scribe, a reader, and quiet individual testing rooms.
- Maintain TTY/TDD device in OAS office and James C. Kirkpatrick Library; TTY/TDD for emergency use in Public Safety Dispatch office, 306 Broad, (660)543-4123, 24 hours a day for emergency.
- Work with Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation (local office in Sedalia, 1-800-924-0419) and Academic Enrichment in Humphreys 127 (660-543-4061).
- Sponsor United Students for Equal Access (USEA) student group. USEA is an advocate for students with disabilities and organizes awareness activities. Contact USEA in the OAS office.
- UCM's campus is accessible: handicapped parking, curb cuts, entry ramps, elevators, power doors, restroom facilities, swimming pools, residence halls and apartments.
- Dept of Academic enrichment in Humphreys 127 includes a walk-in writing lab and learning lab, tutoring clinics, credit courses for improving reading, writing, math, and study skills.
- Welch-Schmidt Center for Communication Disorders in Martin 39 offers speech, language, and hearing services to students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Counseling and Psychological Services in Humphreys 131 provides career counseling as well as emotional support for the transition into university life.
- University Health Services at Clark Street and College Ave., provides health care for UCM students. Call x4770 for an appointment. Western Missouri Health Center, 403 Burkarth Rd., Warrensburg, provides health care services.
- Amtrak provides accessible rail service connecting Warrensburg to Kansas City and St. Louis.
Additional Accessibility Links