What Can I Do With a Major in…Radiologic Technology
Why Major in Radiologic Technology?
The graduate with a Radiologic Technology Major, Bachelor of Science Degree will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form (communicating).
- Collect, analyze and apply information to solve problems (managing information).
- Use various field and lab techniques and/or instrumentation with understanding, accuracy, precision, and safety (technology).
- Exhibit the ethical use of knowledge, materials and procedures that demonstrates an impact on society (valuing).
- Accurately integrate their knowledge of anatomy, positioning and radiographic techniques to demonstrate structures on an image or radiograph.
- Examine images for the purpose of evaluating technique, patient positioning and other pertinent technical qualities.
- Demonstrate mastery of Radiologic Technology by challenging the licensure exam of ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology) after completing a clinical rotation at an affiliated hospital.
Related Career Titles
|Cardiovascular Radiology||X-ray Technician|
|Supplemental Radiology Technologist|
Related Job Listing/Job Search Website
Occupational Research Websites
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator