The University of Central Missouri has over 200 recognized student organizations. There
are 8 different categories of organizations, including:
- Academic/Departmental - Organizations must be tied to an academic program or department on campus.
- Community Service - Organizations that donate the majority of their time to being a service organization.
- Cultural Heritage/Ethnic Identity - Organizations that represent ethnic culture and heritage.
- Honor Society - Organizations that are recognized as an honors group. These groups have strict
guidelines with GPA and hours.
- Recreational/Club Sport - Organizations that is physically active.
- Religious - Organizations that a religiously based.
- Social Greek Organizations - Organization must be charter on campus.
- Special Interest/Miscellaneous - Organizations that do not fall into any of the other categories but still have
an interest to be on campus.
How to “investigate” student organizations at UCM!
- Go to the UCM Homepage (ucmo.edu)
- On the upper right corner, click on the "MYC" icon (MyCentral)
- Enter your 700# and password
- Under Student Services, click “Activities”
- Under “Activities” search for any organization that might interest you under each
of the categories!