Close X

Coronavirus Update

All classes have moved to a virtual environment and UCM has moved to a "work remote" status effective 6 p.m. March 29 through May 1.
Please contact offices by phone or email.
Visit for more information.

Ward Edwards Building


Click to print this page

Tuition, Costs and Financial Aid

Committed to an Affordable College Education

The University of Central Missouri is one of the nation’s most affordable universities. UCM works hard to keep tuition costs low. In fact, over the past seven years, the average cost of tuition has increased less than 3 percent each year and has not increased more than the inflation rate. In fact, the latest Cohort Default Rate* of students graduating/separating from UCM is 8.5%, which is below the national average of 10.1%.


*A cohort default rate is the percentage of a school's borrowers in the US who enter repayment on certain loans during a federal fiscal year and default prior to the end of the next one to two fiscal years. The United States Department of Education releases official cohort default rates once per year.  "Default" is classified as being more than 270 days past due.


UCM Tuition for the 2019-2020 Academic Year

The cost of tuition per credit hour is: 

Missouri Resident*

Undergraduate:  $235.00

Graduate:  $313.50


Undergraduate:  $475.20
Non-resident portion of these fees is $237.60 per credit hour.

Graduate:  $627.00


Undergraduate:  $292.05

Undergraduate Active Military**:  $250.00

Graduate:  $365.90

Business Graduate Courses*

Graduate:  $487.10

CS/CIS Courses*

Graduate:  $418.45

Board of Governors - Approved Rate List

2018-2019 Academic Year 

2019-2020 Academic Year

*Per credit hour rates do not include the following fees: mandatory, technology, testing, program, or course. Refer to the complete list of 2019-2020 rates approved by the UCM Board of Governors.  Additional Course/Program Fees per credit hour or course may be applicable.

**Includes active Reserve and Guard members.


FAFSA Code 002454



File Your FAFSA by October 1 image

Financing Your Education

Understand Your Choices

We’ll help you explore how to finance your education, including applying for financial aid and understanding grants and other types of available aid.

Search Scholarships

No matter if you're a future freshman, a transfer student or a current student, you may be eligible to receive UCM scholarships by completing a single application and automatically be considered for the UCM Bound Out-of-State Scholarship when you apply.

Your Payment Options

Whether you are receiving financial aid, tuition assistance, paying by wire or need an installment plan, we’ll help you explore your payment options.


Interior 1

Financial Success

Student Financial Services offers presentations and self-guided tools to help prepare you for financial success now and into your future.

Learn more

Interior 2

Estimate Your Costs

Wondering how much you’ll need to pay for your UCM education? Use our Net Price Cost Calculators to help you estimate the cost of your first year.

Learn more

Interior 3

We're Here to Help

If you have any questions or concerns about tuition, costs and financial aid, please contact Student Financial Services at 660-543-8266.

Contact Us



Family Information

Transitioning to college life is as challenging for parents as it is for students. Parents provide invaluable support for their students and have a vested interest in their success at UCM. As students join the UCM community, one of the biggest changes is the transition of information access and privacy rights from the parent to the student. The Student Financial Services staff is committed to helping students and their families adapt and prepare for this new way of life.

We encourage parents to continue to play an active role by providing guidance and support, but understanding college finances is a part of your student's educational process. Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), all notifications, including bills, financial aid information and deadline reminders, are sent directly to your student. If you will help your student manage financial life while they are enrolled, we strongly suggest you and your student discuss the Authorization to Release Educational Records form and Authorized User Access.  Learn more.

Authorized User Access

Are you assisting with your student’s finances and would like access to billing information? In order to have this access, your student will need to designate you as an authorized user—even if they have granted you access to other UCM information. Authorized users are individuals who have been granted access to the UCM Payment Center. Your student can do this by following the information at MyCentral. Please note: ONLY your student can set up authorized users. UCM staff cannot do this. Designating individuals as authorized users will allow them access to:

  • Receive emails in regard to billing statements
  • View account balance, activity and payment history
  • Make payments using an electronic check (eCheck), credit or debit card
  • Retrieve the 1098T form
  • View anticipated financial aid totals that may apply to the balance

Authorized users do not have access to students’ stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information. In addition, it does not give the office of Student Financial Services permission to discuss the student's financial records with you.

Please note: MyCentral login information should not be given out. Authorized users will be emailed a separate link that will allow access to the UCM Payment Center

Financial Outreach and Literacy

The Financial Planning Worksheet and other resources and tools are available to help families like yours develop a financial plan each academic year. Learn more.

Parent Plus Loan Refund

If you have borrowed a Parent PLUS Loan, the loan will be applied to your student's outstanding balance for tuition, room and board and other authorized charges. If there are funds available in excess of what the student owes, the refund/credit balance will be sent to the parent directly by check. If you choose to designate all or part of the refund to be paid to the student, you must indicate this during the application process.

Parent PLUS Loan Application Information and Process

How Charges Are Billed

Your bill will automatically include tuition and mandatory fees. Other fees, if applicable, may also be posted. They include, but are not limited to:

  • Program and Course fees
  • Health Center Charges
  • Meal plan
  • New student fee and other one-time student charges
  • Parking permit (by request)
  • Residence hall
  • Unpaid library fines
  • Unpaid parking tickets
  • The University Bookstore may allow you to charge books (up to $500 per semester) to your account by using your Student ID number

If your financial aid does not cover all of the charges on your bill, you may make payments to UCM or explore other payment options.


Frequently Asked Questions

Where is Student Financial Services located?

Student Financial Services is located in 1100 Ward Edwards, Suite 1100. 

What are the office hours?

The week before Fall classes begin, University office hours will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Student Financial Services will also be open (abbreviated hours) the Sunday before Fall semester classes begin. Hours are posted via "Campus Announcements" in MyCentral. The week before finals in May, University office hours change to 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Scheduled University Office Closures due to Holidays or weather can be viewed on the Academic Calendar.

How can I find my student ID (700) number?

You may submit your personally identifying information in the Banner ID Retrieval form to obtain your student ID number, commonly referred to as your 700 number. 

How do I change my mailing or contact information?

If your permanent mailing address or personal email address needs to be updated, please contact the Office of the Registrar; local mailing addresses and phone numbers may be updated in your MyCentral. 

How do I email SFS?

Please use the online Service Tracking feature to email the Office of Student Financial Services. (FERPA applies to information released.) If you need to send an attachment, please contact our office at (660) 543-8266 to receive an email address that accepts attachments. 

What is an e-Check?

An e-check may also be referred to as a "web check", which is an electronic debit to your bank account. The debit occurs electronically by using your routing and account number from your paper check. 

Why is my payment center balance different from my new e-Bill?

The Payment Center balance may reflect activity that has occurred since the last e-Bill An e-Bill is valid for the period in which it is generated. 

Who do I contact if my financial aid is not showing on my student bill?

Please contact the Student Financial Services office at (660) 543-8266 or utilize the online service request

Can I add my books to my tuition bill?

The University Bookstore may allow students may charge up to $500 per semester to their student account for the cost of required textbooks at the University Store. Learn more about payment options

What are mandatory fee charges?

Mandatory fees are charges assessed to students for certain items in addition to tuition. Such fees include rates for technology, student activities and other designated required fees. The Board of Governors sets these rates annually. 

How will I receive my student bill?

All semester billing statements will be generated electronically each month (e-Bill), resulting in an email notification to the student and any Authorized User. 

May I keep a credit balance for future charges?

Credit balances are typically refunded automatically; therefore credits cannot be held for future terms. 

How do I get my college plan (529 Plan) payment to SFS?

The Account owner must contact their plan administrator to begin the process. Once the account owner has completed all required documentation with their plan administrator, the prepaid program will either mail payment to the University on the student's behalf or send UCM a third party billing authorization letter. 

Does UCM offer a payment plan?

Installment payments are accepted each semester and incur a 1.5% monthly installment plan fee. Students must make minimum payments each month in order to keep their account in good standing. Learn more about semester payment options and installment payment plan due dates. 

When are payments due?

Full payment for each semester is as follows: 

  • Fall semester is due August 20
  • Spring semester is due January 20
  • Summer semester (if applicable) is due May 20 

Are there jobs available on campus to help me pay?

Various employment opportunities are available that may allow you to work on or near campus. 

I am an international student enrolling for the first time at UCM. When is my payment due and how much should I pay?

Full payment for each semester is as follows:

  • Fall semester is due August 20
  • Spring semester is due January 20
  • Summer semester (if applicable) is due May 20 

Please refer to the tuition and fee charges on the I-20 that was prepared for you by the International Office. Student Financial Services can only accept payment per semester for what is billed; this will include:

  • tuition
  • mandatory fees
  • international insurance (amount varies)
  • new student fee ($50), charged only the first semester
  • international student services fee ($100 per semester)
  • room and board - only if living on campus and billed by Housing 

These totals are included on the I-20 as a total for two semesters. You will need to divide the charges listed above in half to get the estimated cost per semester. Overpayment to the University is not permitted, therefore, if bringing a demand draft ensure the amount is only for the amount expected to be billed. This letter has been prepared for bank managers requesting official clarification. 

I am getting a loan from my bank in India. Can I use a wire transfer?

Yes, please see specific details at to understand how the process works. 

1098-T Tax Form: Click to View Videos and Information

The 1098-T is a tax statement provided by the end of January for students by the University. The statement meets IRS requirements for reporting qualified tuition expenses for use by eligible tax payers. Payments, scholarships, and grants are reflected on the 1098-T.  Step-by-step instructions are available in addition to the video below.

Want to know more about how the 1098-T calculations are made?  Watch the video below:


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram