The Missouri Innovation Campus program is an applied, hands-on program, offering students the opportunity to participate in paid internships with MIC business partners for three years during the program.
About the internship program:
- Students begin their internship experience the summer after their junior year of high school.
- Students will complete a full-time internship each summer plus two days a week during the fall and spring until graduation from UCM.
- The internship is continuous with the same business partner each year.
- The internship is paid each summer, fall and spring.
- Students must provide their own transportation to the internship site.
The MIC internship coordinator will coordinate the interview process for internships with the students and MIC business partners.
Students will interview at various times with MIC business partners before the end of summer their junior year. They must have secured an internship to remain in the MIC program before starting their senior year in high school, based upon internship availability.
If an intern is dismissed from his/her internship due to performance issues as determined by the intern manager and the MIC internship coordinator, the student will be dropped from the MIC program.