Registrar's Office Adds New Online Services for Students
Contact: Jeff Murphy
WARRENSBURG, MO (April 18, 2008) -- Students can save a trip to the Registrar’s Office with new online transcript request and proof of enrollment services recently initiated at UCM. According to Registrar Teri Bowman, these new opportunities are not only convenient, but provide fast turnaround for those who take advantage of them.
Although previous options are still available, transcript requests can now be accessed electronically through the Student Portal. Students who want a transcript can order one online by going to the portal and entering their “700” number and password. They will find links under “Student Records” that allow them to print off a copy of their unofficial transcript or have an official copy sent to them by mail, Bowman said. They can use their credit card to order an official transcript at a cost of $5.
“The advantage is the faster processing time, plus there is no need to come to campus,” Bowman said. “If we receive a request by noon, it will go out in the mail that day. Otherwise, it will be the next business day.”
The Registrar’s Office will continue to meet requests from students and alumni for transcripts by walk-in, mail and fax. The cost to have a transcript faxed is $10 per copy, and other options are $5 per copy. Due to privacy regulations, the office cannot take requests by email or phone.
In addition to improving its transcript services electronically, the Registrar’s Office is also working with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications online. This service is accessible via the Student Portal, and is available at no cost to users. It allows students to:
- Print enrollment verification certificates to send to health insurers, housing providers or other organizations requiring proof of a student’s enrollment;
- Check the deferment forms and electronic notifications sent to a student’s lenders;
- Obtain a list of the student’s loan lenders and link to real-time loan information such as outstanding principal balance, next payment due date, etc., that some lenders provide;
- View their enrollment history; and
- View enrollment verifications provided to student service providers at the student’s request.
For more information, contact the Registrar’s Office in Ward Edwards 1000 at 660-543-4900.