By Janice Phelan,
April 2, 2021
The University of Central Missouri is joining forces with Kincaid IT to present relevant,
online courses designed to help educators get the most from instructional technology
while enhancing virtual classrooms. The professional development classes include an
option for one graduate-level professional development credit hour from UCM.
Ten courses will be offered on this schedule during 2021 and 2022: May 2 through Aug.
1, Aug. 2 through Dec. 1 and Dec. 2 through May 1. Instructor for the courses is Dr.
Julie Jensen, Kincaid IT learning and innovation manager. The following courses are
presented in a convenient virtual learning environment with adult learners completing
classes at their own pace.
- Wrap Your Head Around Research, providing educators with tools and resources needed
to help students perform reliable, independent research.
- Stack Your Skills: Schoology Essentials, designed for beginning learners to help them
build a foundational Schoology skill set.
- Smart Gmail: Getting Started with Gmail, a course to help educators improve their
email organization and communication.
- Google Starter Pack: Getting Started with Google Workspace, offering students the
opportunity to learn the basics of G Suite and how to better understand working in
- Google Level 1 Academy, made for educators who are proficient in G Suite tools who
want to take the Google Educator Level 1 Certification exam.
- Google Level 2 Academy, designed for educators who have already attained their Google
Educator Level 1 certification.
- Google Classroom in 5, including Google Classroom, Teacher View, Student View, Grading
Basics and Make It Work.
- Chromebook Scavenger Hunt, featuring an exploration of Google Chromebook.
- Beyond the Red Pen: Providing Meaningful Feedback, helping teachers learn to offer
feedback students can use.
- Beyond the Brick and Mortar, designed to teach educators how to move beyond the traditional
learning environment and into a digital, blended space.
Kincaid Information Technology specializes in assisting educators with their technological
challenges through professional development, technical services and consulting.
The University of Central Missouri operates campuses in Lee’s Summit and Warrensburg,
offering undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as certificate programs, professional
education courses and customized corporate curriculum.
View the Kincaid IT Course List