- The mission statement explains the role of online learning within the range of the
institution’s programs and services;
- Institutional and program statements of vision and values inform how the online learning
environment is created and supported;
- As appropriate, the institution incorporates into its online learning programs methods
of meeting the stated institutional goals for the student experience at the institution;
- The recruitment and admissions programs supporting the online learning courses and
programs appropriately target the student populations to be served;
- The students enrolled in the institution’s online learning courses and programs fit
the admissions requirements for the students the institution intends to serve;
- Senior administrators and staff can articulate how online learning is consonant with
the institution’s mission and goals.
1 These bulleted points illustrate actions, processes and facts that institutions
may use to demonstrate that they meet SARA requirements.