Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Here to help, Brandy Potter

Brandy Potter,
Transfer Coordinator

Transfer Website Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enroll in classes at UCM?

The first step to becoming a UCM student is to apply for admission, submit the $30 nonrefundable application fee (can be paid with debit or credit at the end of the application), and have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions at University of Central Missouri, Office of Admissions, Warrensburg, MO 64093. For students with 24 or more earned, accepted transfer credit hours, only transcripts from all colleges/universities enrolled at are required. Students with less than 24 earned, accepted credit hours should also submit a high school transcript (or high school equivalency), and ACT/SAT scores for those whose high school graduations occurred in the prior two school years. Students who meet our admissions criteria will be admitted within 10 business days of all application materials being on file in the Office of Admissions.

Once you receive notification of your admission, you are ready to set up an enrollment appointment.

When should I apply for admission?

The priority deadline is April 1 for summer/fall admission, and November 1 for spring admission. Students should plan to have all application materials (application, nonrefundable application fee, transcript(s), and SAT/ACT scores if required) within 10 business days of the applicable deadline to ensure timely admission. Students can still be admitted after these deadlines; however, scholarship and enrollment options are better for students who meet these deadlines.

Please do not wait until you have completed classes at your current institution before applying for admission. We can admit you based on an in-progress transcript from your current institution (in addition to transcripts from colleges/universities attended before your current institution, and dual credit transcripts), to ensure you are admitted in a timely fashion.

How will my credits transfer?

UCM is always adding new approved transfer classes to the course equivalency guide. Visiting the course equivalency guide should be your first step to determine how credits transfer. Compare how your credits transfer with general education and major requirements by viewing the UCM catalog. New transfer students should select the most recent catalog.

What if one or more of my classes does not appear on the course equivalency guide?

In many instances, this simply means the course has not been reviewed before. To have a course reviewed for possible addition to the course equivalency guide, submit the Credit Evaluation Request form.

How do I find out how my transfer classes apply toward degree requirements?

All newly admitted transfer students receive instructions on how to access their degree audit, which shows how all transfer classes apply toward UCM requirements. Remember that credit transfer is a process shared by UCM and students, so it is common for students to have additional course equivalencies established upon meeting with their academic advisor.

Students who want to discuss credit transfer but are not yet admitted should plan to visit campus and meet with an academic advisor. In this meeting, an advisor will explain how transfer work can apply toward a UCM degree. Campus visits are arranged at To meet with an advisor one-on-one, select the personalized visit option.

Prospective RN-bSN students can submit the RN-bSN Transcript Request form.

Lastly, students who plan to take their classes online, at UCM Lee's Summit, or who are unable to visit campus, may be able to receive a transcript evaluation. E-mail if you require long-distance assistance with credit transfer questions.

Can I take my classes online or in Lee's Summit?

To view online completion programs, visit To see completion programs that can be completed in Lee's Summit, visit

Some majors may be able to be completed with a mixture of instruction types from online, Lee's Summit, or Warrensburg offerings. To find out more about the possible options available for your program of study, it is best to contact your academic advisor or department. To find your academic advisor, please visit

Time To Apply

Apply Online
Apply for Scholarships
Apply for Financial Aid

Have a question about transferring?
Ask us.


Transfer Viewbook

New Student Orientation Handbook