Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Request more information about the University of Central Missouri

Request more information about UCM.

Visit the University of Central Missouri

Discover your home away from home. Visit UCM.

Call 660-543-8569 or 877-SAY-UCMO.

Employment Stats

More than 90 percent of UCM alums land jobs within six months of graduation!

adult students

If You're an Adult Student

Adult Learning Focused Institution of Higher Education 2017-2020

As an adult student, you’ll find Central Missouri the right choice to support your educational and professional goals. In addition to academic services for students  and resources for non-traditional students, you’ll find courses offered in the evenings, weekends, and online. Our Office of Extended Studies offers courses at UCM Lee's Summit. Not sure how to get started? Contact admissions.

How you apply for admission depends on whether you have ever attended college, whether at Central Missouri or another university. If you attended another college or university, apply as a transfer. If you previously attended Central Missouri, follow the steps for readmission. Here are the steps if you’ve never attended college or university:

Step 1: Complete the application.

Complete and submit the university’s application. You can:

  • apply online (you’ll need a credit card)
  • download the application (you’ll need Acrobat Reader) and fill it out by hand
  • request an application by phone at 1-877-729-8266

As part of the application, enclose your $30 application fee.

Step 2: Have your high school transcripts sent to Central Missouri.

The official, signed transcript of your high school work must confirm your graduation and must be sent directly from your school to the university. If you graduated from high school more than two years ago, the ACT or SAT is not needed; however, placement tests may be required in some subjects. If you graduated after 1996, you must meet the Missouri 16-unit core curriculum requirements; otherwise, applications are reviewed individually.

Step 3: Please visit and schedule an individualized tour.

Schedule an individual campus tour Monday–Friday and meet with a faculty member or academic advisor in your specific areas of interest.  More about visiting with us …

Step 4: Explore financial aid.

If you’re applying for need-based financial aid, obtain the Free Application for Federal Student Aid after January 1 from Central’s Office of Financial Aid, or apply online. The priority deadline to file the FAFSA, as it’s called, is April 1 to the Department of Education. Our U.S. Department of Education Institutional Code is 002454. Also check out scholarships for adult students...