Click Here to learn more about reporting options related to this chart
The University of Central Missouri (UCM) disseminates knowledge that transforms students
into leaders who possess the aptitudes, skills and confidence to succeed.
The University of Central Missouri is a public, master’s level, comprehensive regional
university and is designated as the state’s baccalaureate and master’s degree-granting
institution in professional applied science and technology.
Every student achieves that to which they aspire and leaves exceptionally equipped,
enriched and connected to UCM.
Learn more about these UCM values on our Mission, Vision and Values page.
Strategic Goals and Objectives
Student Access and Success
Provide a welcoming campus environment for students of all backgrounds and provide
opportunities, support and resources for them to be successful.
- Increase access to higher education through optimized enrollment management and financial
aid strategies and via multiple delivery methods.
- Enhance student success, retention and graduation rates by providing a caring community,
support and resources needed.
- Foster engagement through student-focused, dynamic and transformational educational
and co-curricular experiences.
Promote innovative teaching, research and practice by investing in our personnel,
academic programs and co-curricular programs that lead to enhanced learning outcomes.
- Provide a future-focused curriculum that aligns with UCM’s statewide mission in professional
applied science and technology.
- Recruit, retain, develop and support faculty as teachers/scholars aligned to the academic
goals of the university.
- Grow and strengthen excellence in graduate education.
- Foster academic excellence through faculty and student research, scholarship, creative
activities and professional engagement.
To hold ourselves to a high standard of accountability and show a commitment to good
stewardship of our financial, human and physical resources.
- Align university resources with strategic priorities.
- Maintain a commitment to shared governance, transparency and communication.
- Establish and maintain a culture of assessment and data-informed decision making.
- Create and maintain efficient processes that enhance the customer service experience
for students and other internal and external constituencies.
Inclusive and Diverse Community
To continue making our university community more representative of our society and
world, UCM cultivates an environment that welcomes and encourages the voices of diverse
individuals and groups.
- Attract and retain students, faculty and staff who support a diverse campus community.
- Enhance and enrich co-curricular programs and supportive networks.
- Support the incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts throughout and
across teaching, research and service.
External Relations and Development
Engage alumni, donors and other constituents through volunteerism and generosity to
cultivate, manage and distribute resources in support of UCM while establishing stronger
brand awareness through increased external partnerships.
- Develop and maintain meaningful engagement with alumni, donors and other constituents.
- Expand and maintain strategic partnerships with external constituents.
- Maintain effective engagement within governmental relations.
- Optimize resources through external grant funding.
Institutional Excellence and Enhanced Reputation
The unique qualities that represent UCM’s brand will be shared with key stakeholders
in the region, state, nation and international communities.
- Identify competitive advantages and communicate them internally and externally to
enhance the awareness of the university’s quality and brand.
- Utilize appropriate and effective integrated marketing methods to drive enrollment,
enhance reputation and foster engagement.
The Board's approval of these goals and objectives is a first step toward implementation
of the Strategic Plan. The administration must now develop action plans, measures
and key performance indicators which will ensure adequate progress toward attainment
of specific goals. Units across campus will be charged with developing individual
strategic plans that align with University objectives outlined in the Strategic Plan.