For UCM Faculty, Scholars, and Administrators
Current UCM faculty, administrators, and professionals have the opportunity to teach,
research, lecture, or observe education in action around the world through UCM's partner
universities and various other international education organizations. Through this
program we hope to expand the global perspective of our campus and further internationalize
and diversify UCM. International Faculty & Scholar Services believes that cultural
exchange, along with education and professional experience, will increase positive
relations between our campus and our partners while also allowing faculty to grow
and expand their own knowledge in their field.
A few things to consider for this process:
- Do you have a country, city, or university that you would like to travel to? If that place is not available, would you be willing to go elsewhere?
- Would you like to teach, observe, conduct research, or provide a lecture series? Depending on the country you go to, visa requirements may differ as to the purpose
of the scholar, along with the amount of time you can stay abroad and the type of
pay or compensation you might receive. It is good to have an idea ready before applying.
- Do you have a passport? If you do, as a general rule it should extend at least 6 months past the estimated
end of your program. If you do not have a passport, you will need one to travel abroad
and you may need to apply to receive a visa from another country.
- How long would you like to stay abroad? As a general rule, scholars who participate in lecture series might stay for a few
weeks where a teacher might stay for a semester or more. Have a general time frame
in mind when applying.
- Can you speak any other languages? In a majority of countries, speaking English is very desirable, and one can go abroad
and not have to speak any other language. However, if you are able to speak another
language proficiently then you might have more opportunities open to you as a scholar.
After you submit your application, you will work closely with our International Faculty and Scholar Services staff to choose a specific program for you abroad.