"What Can I Do With a Major in...Mathematics?"
Why Major in Mathematics?
Bachelor of Science Degree
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor degree in Mathematics will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Interpret and utilize precise mathematical language involving definitions, statements, and proofs.
- Examine, describe, and represent functions of various types using analysis techniques.
- Solve a variety of mathematics problems and applications using analytic, numeric and graphing techniques.
- Apply a variety of mathematics to model and interpret physical, natural, and social phenomena.
- Think logically, develop various algorithms and implement algorithms to solve mathematical problems.
- Recognize and understand the diversity of mathematics and its contributions to mathematically based disciplines.
- Communicate his/her mathematical thinking coherently, analyze and evaluate the mathematical thinking of others, and use the language of mathematics to express mathematical ideas precisely.
- Understand how mathematical ideas interconnect and build on one another to produce a coherent whole.
- Prepare for a career in the mathematical sciences (business, industry, government, education, etc.) or for graduate study in mathematics or a related field.
Related Career Titles
|Account Executive||Product Quality Engineer|
|Business Analyst||Quality Engineer|
|Contract Supply Manager||Research Analyst|
|Economics Analyst||Research Associate|
|Finance Associate||Risk Management Analyst|
|Financial Analyst||Sales Representative|
|Insurance Agent||Software Engineer/Programmer|
|Marketing Associate||Statistical Analyst|
|Merchandise Manager||Systems Analyst/Programmer|
|Operations Research Analyst||Systems Level Designer|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
Regional Education Applicant & Placement Program
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secundary Education
National Teacher Recruitment Clearinghouse
Kappa Mu Epsilon (UCM)
Mathematical Association of America
Missouri State Teachers Association
Missouri National Education Association
American Society of Appraisers
International Association of Assessing Officers
American Mathematical Society
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
American Statistical Association
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Senior Career Development Coordinator