Campus Interview Guidelines
All interviews are conducted in the Career Services Center located in Ward Edwards 1200
- Provide an unofficial copy of your transcript to the Career Services Center after each semester and following your graduation. You can copy and paste your unofficial transcript from your MyCentral portal to a Word document and then upload your Word document to your Mules4Hire account under your “Documents” tab.
- All interview schedules are posted one month prior to the interview date, or as soon as the information becomes available. To sign up for an on-campus interview, search the “Jobs and Internships tab” within your Mules4Hire account and follow the instructions for the application process.
- You must provide at least a 24-hour notice when canceling a scheduled interview. If you miss a scheduled interview without providing this notice, a letter of apology must be submitted to the employer.
- The letter of apology MUST be approved by a Career Development Coordinator in the Career Services Center. Please bring the letter to the Career Services center along with a stamped envelope for mailing. This MUST be accomplished within five (5) business days.
- Walk-in hours for approval are Monday-Thursday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- If this is not accomplished within the five-day period, on-campus interviewing privileges will be suspended.
- A second interview absence will require disciplinary action as outlined in “Policies and Procedures" .
- Thoroughly research each employer prior to the interview, exhausting all available means. Employer literature is available through your “Research Employers” tab in your Mules4Hire account. You may also find information on employers recruiting at UCM in the Career Library Employer Information Files or our link to www.glassdoor.com .
- The Mules4Hire’s “Jobs & Internships” section allows you to search for part-time, work-study, internships, and full-time positions by employers recruiting here at Central. It also contains jobs posted by other regional and national employers who use the NACELink Network at any of the more than 1300 participating college and university career centers.
- Your web account will be maintained in the candidate database for a period of six months following your graduation date. This date can be extended at no cost to you; however, you must notify the Career Services Center to have it extended.