Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Digital Media Production at UCM

Digital Media Production

Communication Studies at UCM

Communication Studies

MA in Communication at UCM

Master of Arts
in Communication


What are Arranged Courses?

COMM 4290 (Special Projects in Mass Communication) and COMM 4300 (Special Projects in Speech Communication) are not traditional "classroom" courses in which students can enroll on their own.  Special projects allow a student to work one-on-one with a Communication faculty member on a project of interest to both the faculty member and the student.   Earning course credit for this type of instruction requires a special arrangement between the student and faculty member.  To begin the process, fill out the Request for Arranged Course form.  Once the details of your special project arrangement are finalized and you've obtained proper approval and signatures, Department of Communication personnel will enroll you in the appropriate "course" for credit.