There is a $50 fee for sorority recruitment. Deadline to register is 8 a.m. on Aug.
16 at ucmo.mycampusdirector2.com
- Monday, Aug. 13-Fraternity and Sorority Information Session – 6 p.m., Elliott Union
- Tuesday, Aug. 14-Fraternity and Sorority Information Session - 6 p.m., Elliott Union
- Wednesday, Aug. 15
Sorority Recruitment Registration Closes - 8 a.m.
Sorority Recruitment - Meet Your Gamma Chi - 5:30 p.m., Elliott Union 240
- Thursday, Aug. 16-Sorority Recruitment Chapter Day, Part One – 4-10:00 p.m., Panhellenic
- Friday, Aug. 17-Sorority Recruitment Chapter Day, Part Two – 4-10:30 p.m., Panhellenic
- Saturday, Aug. 18-Sorority Recruitment Philanthropy Day – Noon-8:30 p.m., Panhellenic
- Sunday, Aug. 19-Sorority Recruitment Preference Day – Noon-6:30 p.m., Panhellenic
- Monday, Aug. 20-Sorority Recruitment Bid Day – 4 p.m., Elliott Union 240
Welcome to the Sorority Recruitment site for the University of Central Missouri. We
are excited you are interested in making Greek life a part of your collegiate experience
and life. The recruitment process will open doors to amazing opportunities throughout
your time at UCM, as well as later in life. The purpose of this recruitment process
is for you as a Potential New Member (PNM) to have fun and learn more about Greek
life at UCM. We are lucky to have eight unique and amazing NPC sororities on campus.
We know if you remain open minded and give each organization the chance to show you
their outstanding characteristics, you will find a home in one of our organizations.
Please feel free to ask any Gamma Chi questions you may have about the process; they
are here to help you through the process and hopefully establish some friendships
along the way.
Registration is open now and will remain open until Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at
8:00 am. NO registrations will be accepted after that day and time.
2018 Sorority Recruitment will take place the following days/times:
**If you are going to miss any part of these days/times please email firstname.lastname@example.org
before registering to discuss moving forward with sorority recruitment**
August 15- Meet Your Gamma Chi, 5:30 pm , Union 240
August 16– Chapter Day-Part One 4:00-10:30 pm, Panhellenic Hall
August 17– Chapter Day-Part Two 4:00-10:30 pm, Panhellenic Hall
August 18– Philanthropy Day, Noon-8:30 pm, Panhellenic Hall
August 19- Preference Day, Noon-6:30 pm, Panhellenic Hall
August 20- Bid Day, 4:00 pm, Union 240
What is a Gamma Chi
A Gamma Chi is an upperclass member of one of our sororities here at UCM who serves
as a counselor to potential new members during their recruitment process. These women
are disaffiliated from their particular organization and are meant to represent Panhellenic
Council and UCM sororities as a whole in order to remain neutral and unbiased to all
potential new members. The Gamma Chis are assigned to potential new member groups
in order to answer questions, meet together, and serve as a resource to women who
are interested in joining a sorority. The Delta Gamma Chi is also a disaffiliated
sorority woman who works with the VP of Recruitment for Panhellenic to facilitate
the Gamma Chi program. The Gamma Chi program is meant to provide potential new members
with support before, during, and after the formal recruitment process. Your Gamma
Chi will be a valuable resource during recruitment, and hopefully a friend after the
Potential New Member (PNM Bill of Rights)
Potential New Members have the right to:
- be treated as an individual.
- be fully informed about the recruitment process.
- ask questions and to receive true and objective answers from their Gamma Chi and chapter
- be treated with respect.
- have and express opinions to their Gamma Chi.
- have invaluable confidentiality when sharing information with their Gamma Chi.
- make informed choices without undue pressure from others.
- be fully informed about the BINDING AGREEMENTS implicit in the Membership Recruitment
Acceptance Agreement (preference card) signing.
- make one’s own choice and accept full responsibility for the results of that decision.
- have a positive, safe, and enriching recruitment experience.
- A woman must be enrolled as a student at the University of Central Missouri to be
eligible to participate in the Panhellenic Recruitment Process and to join a sorority.
The woman must also have a 2.5 cumulative GPA, from college if 12 hours or more have
been completed or from high school if less than 12 college hours have been completed.
If you have complete 12 or more dual credit college credit courses in high school
or have transfer credits, your GPA will be based soleyly on those credit hours.
- A PNM shall not be, or have ever been, an INITIATED member of a National Panhellenic
Conference (NPC) group at UCM or any other college campus.
- A PNM shall attend at least one of the Recruitment Information Nights held in the
Union and up to the maximum number of parties to which she has received invitations
for the next round. Failure to do so will result in the PNM being withdrawn from recruitment.
In the event of an emergency, illness, or class, she shall notify her Gamma Chi (Recruitment
Counselor) and/or the Assistant Director of Residence & Greek Life to fill out the
No PNM may accept invitations to social functions from affiliated sorority women during
the recruitment process. PNMs are required to notify their Gamma Chi or the VP of
Recruitment for Panhellenic should an invitation be extended from an affiliated sorority
- From the beginning of orientation through the end of membership recruitment, no Potential
New Member may visit a Greek letter chapter (male or female) except to attend scheduled
- A woman shall not give a promise, either verbal or written, to join a certain organization
before bids are issued through Panhellenic. PNMs are required to report promises of
bids to their Gamma Chi or Panhellenic Officer.
- A Potential New Member is bound by STRICT SILENCE RULES from the end of the last party
she attends on Preference Day until she turns in her signed Membership Recruitment
Acceptance Binding Agreement (MRABA). Strict silence is defined as no contact or conversation
with any member of a Panhellenic sorority, and no contact or conversation with other
PNMs regarding recruitment in any way from the time she leaves her last house on Preference
day until she turns in her signed preference card or MRABA.
- Potential New Members are asked to refrain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages
during the recruitment process. Gamma Chis will instruct women to avoid the 3 B’s
(Boys, Bars, Booze). Affiliated members of organizations are also required to refrain
from these things during the recruitment process. The focus of the recruitment weekend
should be learning more about the sororities here on campus and the importance of
Questions to Ask sororities during recruitment
- Why did you join a sorority?
- What did you look for when you went through recruitment?
- Why did you choose this particular sorority?
- What are the advantages of being in a sorority?
- What are the obligations involved in being part of a sorority?
- Can I move into the sorority house?
- With whom do you have social activities with?
- What kind of activities do you do?
- What are your philanthropies?
- How does your sorority rank with grades?
- Why do you like being in a sorority?
- How much time will a sorority take?
- When ranking chapters, it is important to think about all aspects of the chapter as
a whole and you as an individual. Ask yourself:
- What qualities do I share with the women of the chapter?
- Am I comfortable around them? Can I be myself?
- What can their sisterhood offer me?
- Why do I like/dislike the chapter?
- Remember to be open-minded and think for yourself. Joining a sorority is an important
personal decision. Try not to worry about what your friends think about the chapter
or which chapters they want to join. You want the best fit for you.
Important information for you to remember before you register:
- We will be checking your grades prior to the beginning of sorority recruitment, and
if it is found you do not meet the 2.5 cumulative GPA requirement (if you have completed
more than 12 college credits we use your college cumulative GPA, if you have completed
less than 11 college credits then we use your high school cumulative GPA) you will
receive an email from us with further instructions. Absolutely no exceptions are made
to our grade policy, therefore if you fall below the requirement then you will be
issued a $35 ($50 minus a $15 processing fee) refund after September 1, 2018, and
be available for pick up in 03 Panhellenic Hall. The check must be picked up prior
to September 30, 2018, or the check will be void.
- You may cancel your formal recruitment registration until 8:00 am, Wednesday, August
15, 2018 by email only. You will be issued a $35 ($50 minus a $15 processing fee)
refund after September 1, 2018 and the check will be available for pick up in 03 Panhellenic
Hall. The check must be picked up prior to September 30, 2018 or the check will be
void. In your email list the subject as FSR Cancellation, then in your email include:
your first, middle, last name and home address to email@example.com
To Register for Sorority Recruitment:
- Register-Go to ucmo.mycampusdirector2.com
- Payment-The fee for sorority recruitment is $50.00 and is due at the time of registration.
- Confirmation- Once your registration has been received you will receive a confirmation email.
- Questions-Please Contact the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life at 660-543-8121.
- To Begin Registration-By clicking the link below you are leaving the University of Central Missouri web
site. Inova owns, controls and maintains the site you are being directed to and may