Value: 100% of non-resident fees.
Eligibility: To be eligible, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Incoming freshman student
- Non-resident of Missouri
- Child/grandchild or step-child/step-grandchild of an individual who earned a degree
(bachelors, masters, education specialist, or cooperative doctorate) from University
of Central Missouri
- Be a regularly-admitted freshman (not provisionally admitted).
- Recipients of the Second Generation Grant may not also receive the UCM Bound Out-of-State
Scholarship, Non-Resident Fee Credit, Midwest Student Exchange Program, Non-Resident
Scholar Award, non-resident fee portion of the UCM
- Educational Development Program, or other programs that cover all or partial non-resident
A non-resident fee total and a credit equal to the non-resident fee portion will both
appear on the UCM account of Second Generation Grant recipients.
Renewability: The Second Generation Grant may be received for a maximum of eight (8) semesters of
undergraduate study provided the recipient:
- Maintains status as a full-time UCM undergraduate student (12 or more undergraduate
credit hours) each semester, and
- Maintains legal residence status as a non-Missouri resident, and
- Achieves a minimum cumulative UCM grade-point average of 2.75 upon completion of the
second semester as a full-time student at UCM (and each semester thereafter).
*Missouri state law prohibits the granting of state aid (including scholarships, in-state
tuition, etc.) to any student with unlawful immigration status and/or DACA status.