I'm a future:
Professional Pilot Major, Area 1 Airplane
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Professional Pilot program provides you with the skills, knowledge and attitudes required for a successful flying career in the aviation industry. You'll possess flying skills and knowledge that far exceeds the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration.
Why Choose Professional Pilot at UCM?
- This program is accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International and is an FAA Certified Part 141 Flight School.
- The university owns 18 flight-ready aircrafts for flight training including a fleet of Cessna 172 Skyhawks, multi-engine aircrafts, gliders and a hot-air balloon.
- The department's flight simulation equipment includes several advanced aviation flight training devices including a 737NG AAFD.
What will I study?
You'll have access to state-of-the-art equipment and faculty members that are highly knowledgeable and trained in aviation. You'll demonstrate and apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and applied sciences as a professional pilot.
- Air Transportation
- Aviation Management
- Aviation Safety
- Commercial Flight
What can I do with a degree in Professional Pilot?
- Airport Manager
- Corporate or Commercial Pilot
- Fire and Crash Rescue
- Flight Instructor
Browse additional careers and opportunities.
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Professional Pilot, there are several involvement opportunities:
- Alpha Eta Rho
- American Association of Airport Executives
- The National Intercollegiate Flight Team
Browse additional organizations and opportunities.
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention. You'll work with faculty members with experience in the aviation field to ensure that your education provides a personalized, hands-on experience.
Learn more about Professional Pilot at UCM.