I'm a future:
Studio Art: Painting
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
The Studio Art major with an emphasis in painting will guide you to develop your unique visual language through the use of traditional and contemporary forms of expression.
Why choose Studio Art at UCM?
Option 2: Painting
- The program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- UCM is the only state-supported 4-Year school in Missouri with accreditation from NASAD continuously since 1986.
- The beautifully renovated Gallery of Art & Design provides students opportunities to exhibit their own work.
What will I study?
You will be expected to demonstrate the highest level of ability in foundation art courses and clearly excel in your area of emphasis. Studio classes will emphasize a strong beginning in foundation art, with your upper-level courses pushing you to specialize in your chosen area.
- Art theory and Criticism
- Painting I, II, III
- 2-D Design
- 3-D Design
Related areas of concentration:
What can I do with a degree in Studio Art?
- Arts Organization consultant
- Gallery Owner
- Greeting Card Artist
- Mural Artist
- Museum Curator
Browse additional careers and opportunities.
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Studio Art, there are several opportunities to be involved:
- American Institute of Graphic Artists
- Art Education Club
- Clay Club
- Gallery of Art and Design
- Illustration Club
- Interior Design Student Association
- Student Artist Coalition
- Print Club
About our Faculty:
The student-to-faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
UCM's Art and Design faculty includes 15 full-time and 14 part-time professors who have extensive knowledge and expertise in various art fields. Many of the faculty have had their work featured at the local, national and international levels.
Learn more about Studio Art at UCM:
Department of Art and Design