I'm a future:
Accelerated Masters of Science Degree
The Accelerated B.S - M.S. in Mathematics program in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at UCM is designed to help you develop a strong mathematical foundation and provide means for you to earn a bachelor's and a master's degree within five years.
Why choose Mathematics at UCM?
- Employment of mathematicians is expected to increase by 22 percent by 2018.
- Mathematically related jobs consistently rank in the top 10 best jobs for salary, low stress and good work conditions.
- There are several scholarship opportunities available for students in this program.
What will I study?
Mathematics is the science of numbers and patterns. The knowledge you'll gain from this program will allow you to solve problems and determine the truth.
- Advanced Calculus
- Algebraic Structures
- Introduction to Modern Algebra
- The Science, Historical and Sociological Impact of Math
Related area of concentration:
- Mathematics Major, B.S. Degree
- Mathematics Major, B.S. in Education Degree
What can I do with a degree in Mathematics?
- Economic Analyst
- Purchasing Agent
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Mathematics, there are several involvement opportunities:
- Actuarial Organization
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Central Missouri Educators
- Kappa Mu Epsilon
- Mathematical Association of America
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
All courses in the mathematics major are taught by experienced and caring faculty members who believe in individualized attention for students. All courses beyond the calculus sequence are taught by faculty members who have doctorates in their fields and have many years of teaching experience.
Learn more about Mathematics at UCM
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science