I'm a future:
Bachelor of Science Degree - Option 1 Elementary - Secondary Certification K-12
During the past 20 years, there has been a continual growth in the fitness and health promotion industry. Coursework has been designated to relate directly to the needs of fitness and wellness professionals.
Why Choose Physical Education at UCM?
Option 1: Elementary - Secondary Certification K-12
- UCM has a human performance laboratory that is equipped with a ParvoMedics diagnostic metabolic system, an ECG monitoring system, a research-grade treadmill, flexibility and muscle strength assessment devices and many other state-of-the-art machinery and equipment.
- The program is fully accredited through the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, the National Association for Sport and Physical Education, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- The Physical Education program offers numerous scholarship opportunities to outstanding students.
What will I study?
- Assessment and Evaluation of Fitness/Wellness
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Fitness Programming and Implementation
- Physical Activity and Special Populations
Related areas of concentration:
- Elementary-Secondary (CERT K-12)
- Fitness/Wellness I (Corporate Fitness)
- Fitness/Wellness II (Exercise Science)
What can I do with a degree in Physical Education?
- Athletic Coach
- Fitness Instructor
- Medical Physician
- Personal Trainer
- Physical Education Teacher
Browse additional careers and opportunities.
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Physical Education, there are several involvement opportunities:
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- American College of Sports Medicine
- The Health/Fitness Association
- The Physical Education Club
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
The faculty of Nutrition and Kinesiology's mission is to develop successful professionals in Nutrition and Kinesiology, instilling an appreciation for helping all people lead healthy and physically active lifestyles.
Learn more about Physical Education at UCM.