Create an employer account through Handshake, our online recruiting system. This web-based product allows employers to access
and update company information, manage/view on-campus interviewing schedules, register
for events or request an information session, and post job vacancies. All students
and alumni have access to this system and can view/apply to open positions and sign
up to on-campus recruiting schedules.
The Handshake system is designed with you in mind; it is straightforward, simple,
and free. Once you have registered and have received your welcome email to establish
your password for your account, you can manage internship and job postings and on-campus
interview schedules in one location. Below are the guidelines for internship/job postings:
- All positions require a complete job description, which should include: position summary,
essential functions, minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, working conditions,
contact information, and application instructions.
- We must be able to obtain confirmation of your organization and/or vacancy from your
- Full-time positions must be career focused and require at least a bachelor’s degree
or in pursuit of a degree.
- Internship positions must be career focused and may be for academic credit or not-for
- No positions will ask for excessive outlay of personal candidate funding (fees) in
order to obtain the position.
- All third-party recruiters must adhere to our Third Party Recruiter Policy.
Face-to-face group time is a wonderful way to share your organization and expertise
with a group of students and faculty. This is an effective way to share information
with students scheduled for upcoming interviews or promote an upcoming interview schedule.
We will reserve rooms or hall tables and order necessary equipment and refreshments
upon request. Plan ahead and schedule your date early by calling our office at 660-543-4379.
You can choose to have a pre-select schedule or an open schedule, with both still
targeting the candidates that meet your qualifications. To schedule your date, please
complete the On-Campus Recruiting Form by logging into your Handshake Account
How to complete your on-campus recruiting request:
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click on "Interviews" on the left, then "Request Interview Schedule".
3. Fill out the online form and only select "Pre-Select" or "Open" as your schedule
4. Click "Submit".