We are currently monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation. Please review the below information to stay up to date on adjustments to Graduate
and International Student Services (GISS) services and SEVP requirements to ensure
that you are maintaining valid F-1/J-1 visa status.
Please continue to monitor UCM’s Coronavirus website for university updates: https://www.ucmo.edu/news/media-resources/corona-virus-covid-19/
F-1/J-1 Visa Status Maintenance and COVID-19:
All F-1/J-1 international students must complete the below mandatory surveys no later
than April 2nd to confirm how F-1/J-1 status will be maintained.
Temporary SEVP/SEVIS Policies that Account for COVID-19 Adjustments:
SEVP has provided the following guidance to help ensure that F-1/J-1 international
students continue to maintain status while temporary adjustments are made to account
We hope that this information is helpful in your plans for maintaining valid F-1/J-1
- Full-time enrollment: Students may temporarily continue a full course load in an online only format. UCM
has moved all in person and hybrid courses to an online format until the end of the
spring and summer 2020 semesters.
- Students may not drop below full-time enrollment without prior authorization from
an International Student Advisor/DSO. Full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 credit hours - Bachelor’s level, 9 credit
hours - Master’s level.
- Students are required to participate in all class requirements for classes that have
moved to an online format to meet attendance and participation requirements.
- F-1 international students intending to drop a course or who have concerns about the
online class participation/attendance requirements must email ISSS@ucmo.edu to inform an International Student Advisor.
- J-1 international students intending to drop a course or who have concerns about the
online class participation/attendance requirements must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location updates: Students are required to keep our office updated within 10 days
of any change in address or temporary location of residence. This includes all F-1/J-1 enrolled students and students participating in OPT either
in the U.S. or outside of the U.S. at this time. Students with address updates must
submit the Address Form. In addition, please update the following:
- Enrolled students - MyCentral
- OPT students - SEVP Portal
- On-campus employment: Due to COVID-19 concerns, students may perform on-campus work remotely off-campus
during this time.
- Students that plan to work for an on-campus job remotely must remain in the U.S. Students
that are outside of the U.S. must contact Human Resources for guidance.
- Students may work no more than 20 hours per week while online-only classes are in
session from now until the end of the spring 2020 semester. Students in their first
semester in summer 2020 may not work more than 20 hours per week during the summer
- Travel: Students traveling to the U.S. from countries impacted by COVID-19 are asked to refer
to guidance from the CDC and the U.S. Department of State for specific port-of-entry screening processes, as well as any travel restrictions.
- CPT, OPT, OPT STEM Extension participants: If you are currently participating in CPT, OPT, or OPT STEM extension, you may be
experiencing temporary changes to workplace requirements. Depending on the circumstances,
an updated worksite address may need to be reported in SEVIS.
- SEVP requires that students keep our office informed of any temporary updates by providing
us with a letter from your employer outlining the temporary measures taken. Please be sure that you have completed the above Mandatory CPT/OPT Survey and submitted your employer letter to ISSS@ucmo.edu for record keeping purposes.
- Currently enrolled students applying for CPT or OPT for the summer or fall semesters
may continue to apply for CPT or OPT as planned. Please email an advisor at ISSS@ucmo.edu to receive advising regarding case specific situations related to GPA or current physical
location as it relates to the application.
- I-20 pick up/mailing: I-20s may temporarily be sent to students directly by the DSO to the student’s email
listed in SEVIS. GISS has temporarily suspended all printing and mailing at this time.
International Student Advisors/DSOs will be emailing any I-20s issued directly to
- Students that are traveling or planning for a visa interview should print the I-20
received in color.
- Students that created a UEMS shipping label and received an electronic I-20 instead
of a printed I-20 may request a refund for the label from e-Ship Global.
- When the I-20 is emailed, a DSO/International Student Advisor will provide a supporting
letter. This supporting letter may be used to help explain the reason for the use
of electronic I-20s to USCIS, CBP, and other entities.
- SEVP Stakeholders Q&A: This document is intended for school officials. However, F-1 international students
may find this information useful. Please email ISSS@ucmo.edu to speak with an International Student Advisor regarding any questions about the document.
- J-1 students, please see the following page for more information regarding J-1 visa
GISS Office Services:
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we provide updates to our services
to protect the health and safety of our students and staff. The following updates
have been made to the services provided by GISS:
- The GISS office will not be open for in person visits. This includes in person questions,
document pick up, and walk in hours.
- All advising and appointments will be conducted via phone, Google Hangout, and email
correspondence between the hours of 8:00am-Noon and 1:00pm-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
If F-1 students need assistance - please email ISSS@ucmo.edu to set up an appointment.
J-1 visa students - please email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- All I-20 documents will temporarily be sent to students by email. We will use the
email address listed in the student’s SEVIS record when emailing I-20s. For more information,
please see the ‘I-20 pick up/mailing’ section of F-1 Visa Status Maintenance and COVID-19
- Our previously scheduled CPT/OPT workshops for March and April have been canceled.
To review the content provided in the workshops please view the following links: CPT and OPT. You may also email ISSS@ucmo.edu to discuss CPT and OPT application processes and policies with an International Student