A number of students exit a building on campus in summer.


Click to print this page

Financial Matters


We suggest that you either bring your money in travelers checks, a money order in U.S. dollars, or have the funds wired directly to your University account. If you would like to wire money to your UCM student account, please use the follow the Flywire - How to make your payment directions below.

If you have questions about the wire transfer process please emails Student Financial Services at sfs@ucmo.edu.

Please be sure to visit the Student Financial Services website to get information about payment methods and University policies.

How much do you owe?

Remember that the amount of expenses shown on your I-20 or DS-2019 is just an estimate. The actual costs for each semester of your program are difficult to know in advance of your enrollment in classes. Our University bills for classes based upon each credit hour of enrollment, so each semester may be somewhat different from other semesters. Each semester is billed separately, as well. Please DO NOT bring a check for the entire amount shown on your I-20 or DS-2019. The best course of action is to bring enough with you to get started as outlined here, but for your tuition and fees, wait until you receive a bill from the University and then use Flywire. 

Flywire - How to make your payment

1. Go to https://www.flywire.com/pay/ucmo/, select your country of origin and enter your payment amount.

2. Review the payment options provided, and select your preferred method. Options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment, or other local options.

3. Create your account, then enter some basic information to initiate your payment. We will include this information with your payment for easy identification by your institution.

4. Follow the instructions provided to send funds to Flywire.

Bank Transfers - Follow the instructions provided to send your funds. Depending on your bank, payment may be made online , in person, or over the phone.

Debit/Credit Cards - Enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency.

5. Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including confirmation when your payment has been delivered.

Credit and ATM cards

You may also use your credit cards and ATM cards to pay your bills and withdraw cash. Please check with Student Financial Services to verify that your credit card type will be accepted.

Do not bring a check unless it is drawn on a U.S.-based bank; international bank processing fees are extremely high and it could take up to two months to clear.

Declaring Moneys

If you bring money with you, you will be asked as you enter the country if you have more than $10,000 USD with you. Be sure to answer carefully and honestly, as the penalty for a wrong answer is very expensive. You may need money for travel and hotel accommodations if you miss connections from the Kansas City airport, so be prepared.


Graduate & International Student Services
University of Central Missouri
Ward Edwards 1800
Tel: 660-543-4092

View Faculty/Staff


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram