Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content


Transferring From UCM

The UCM Office of Student Financial Services is very pleased to assist any undergraduate or graduate student who plans to transfer from the University of Central Missouri to another college or university. To ensure a smooth transition to your new school, students who wish to receive federal financial aid should follow these steps:

  1. Apply and be fully accepted for admission at your new school. This includes having an official UCM academic transcript sent to that school. The UCM Office of the Registrar is located in 1000 Ward Edwards Bldg., and may be reached by calling (660) 543-4900.

  2. The data from your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be on file at your new school. If you're transferring, the data from yourFAFSA must be provided. Be sure to contact the financial aid office at your new school to find out which academic year's FAFSA is needed.

    If your FAFSA data is already on file at UCM, don't submit another FAFSA. Simply, call 800-433-3243 and request that your FAFSA data be provided to your new school. Your FAFSA data will then be released to that school by the national FAFSA processing agency. If you wish, you can also 'add' your new school at the FAFSA website, using your Federal PIN.

    On the other hand, if you've not yet submitted a FAFSA, do so using only. Don't use any other website.

  3. Some FAFSA applicants are required to verify the information they enter on the FAFSA. If you were selected to undergo the Verification process at UCM, your new school (once it receives your FAFSA data) will notify you regarding the information, documents, and/or clarification you must submit. Compliance is mandatory, even though your FAFSA data may have already been verified by UCM.

  4. If you received Federal Stafford (student) Loan, Perkins Loan, and/or PLUS (parent) Loan aid from the University of Central Missouri in the past, be sure to notify the UCM Office of Student Financial Services of any change in your address and that you're transferring to a new school.

  5. A recipient of Access Missouri Grant, Bright Flight Scholarship or other State of Missouri assistance at UCM should contact the Missouri Department of Higher Education (800-473-6757) or your new school to ask if these funds can be transferred for disbursement.

  6. A transfer student wishing to receive V.A. educational benefits to attend another school must normally submit VA Form 22-1999 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training). This document, and other information about receiving V.A. educational benefits, may be obtained from the Veterans Services Coordinator at your new school.

Questions? Contact the UCM Office of Student Financial Services. In addition, detailed information about UCM's financial aid programs, policies and procedures may be found by clicking here.

Transferring to UCM from another school?